• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

making a new .dll

Started by TheJamsh, December 28, 2007, 05:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Very cool...   :)

I personally am shooting for NOT using an in game console, as I'd rather just use whatever the player's normal settings are.  Then again I don't need anything much extra for the stock races.

The 'Ancients', OTOH, might need some unusual options set...  then there's a few options for MP that I haven't dealt with such as the game ending when a life limit is reached...

-Av-

TheJamsh

im aiming for the same as avatar, No in game console...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Sonic

"options.instant.<bla>" is used for Instant Action Missions while "network.session.<blah>" is used for Multiplayer. IA maps are easy when it comes to variables, however, multiplayer variables require that the variable is the same on both sides. An interesting thing I noticed was network.session.svar60 was not traversing the network. So while the host saw svar60 as "blah", the clients saw it as "" which caused rsyncs when ever the DLL evaluated what svar60 was. Because of this, it probobly is a good pratice in 1.3 to do all your variables in the BZ2 shell BEFORE the game launch instead of launching a shell in game.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

OvermindDL1

Or just have the host dll send it to the client dll's so they all stay in sync fine that way, just need to take into account network delay.

GSH

BZ2 doesn't propagate svar/ivar changes after the game starts.

-- GSH

OvermindDL1

Functions were added in one of the earlier 1.3pb dll's that allow the host to send information to a client.  Just make sure to take into account latency so everything stays perfectly timed, and so forth...