• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Truespace 1.0, an alternative modeler to Truespace 3.2 and Gamespace Lite

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, January 02, 2008, 12:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Download it here> http://www.pcformat.co.uk/downloads/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=5548&subsectionid=671

Much simpler to use then TS 3.2 or GSL 1.5 overall. Not as many features but relatively simple icon driven alternative to the above listed 3d modeler programs. Supports COB and Max ASC format for saving model files. Anyone familiar with TS 3.2 or GSL 1.5 already know how to use TS 1.0. EOM...BNG
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

TS 1.0 also appears to have a simpler animation UI. I made wheel object, read up in the help file about using a spline path to define the movement of the wheel object, hit the record keyframe button and to my utter amazement the wheel indeed moved along the spline path from beginning to end. I tested it out in 3DEX after saving it as a .cob file. It played back just fine. However, when I saved the same file as .ASC there was no animation saved just a static wheel object was displayed. To make matters even stranger when I attempted to convert the .cob file to directx it crashed 3DEX. What's even more strange is when I tried the same thing in TS 3.2 the UI is different enough to make doing the same thing a lot more difficult.

PS: I'm searching for information on writing a python script for use with TS and/or GSL to make a simple XSI export utility. OM, if it's okay with you then I'd like to modify a copy of your B3d BZ2 script for use with TS/GSL; I won't modify the original but instead make a copy and make any modifications to the copy. Python, looks like a good alternative way to write a conversion utility where none exist otherwise. I guess I'll also need to search the Truespace SDK to get some clues about that too. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

OvermindDL1

The xsi format is anything but complicated, and my script is pretty BZ2 specific, using a few little shortcuts that would not do anywhere else (but help with BZ2 parsing it).  Might be better just to look at normal xsi 1.0 files.