• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hover cons...

Started by mrtwosheds, January 03, 2008, 06:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Im back to my constructor again, need to decide to hover or to walk.
Hover cons are faster not because they move faster but because they are good at walking round buildings.
But they cant climb hills, which is a big issue, because its an important strategy. The daleks have tractor beam so sentient pilots can give it a lift if its really needed, but the ai will be limited to building on flatish ground. Which is a bit lame considering their claim to be the superior beings...
The hover cons also appears to only have one animation "deploy" unless anyone else knows different?

Any ideas?

Why not use both?  For the Olympians I have a walking "Base Constructor" and a hovering "Field Constructor".  You could do the opposite, have a hover Cons for base building and a walking one for field work (where it might have to climb cliffs)...

-Av-

Red Devil

Walking crigs are really hovercraft, so, if you increase their accelThrust a bunch, they'll 'walk' right up hills.
What box???

mrtwosheds

They behave differently, walking crigs go straight up, but the hover type try to find a path, but then I told it to use hover pathing.....
Experimenting.