• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Forgotten Enemies (FE) For 1.3 PB3

Started by Red Devil, February 20, 2008, 01:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onewolfe9

why when playing muti player as Cerberi does it not let me build a research mod or the other thing it only lets me build the big factory and thats it and wont let me upgrade or build anything else?

TopGun

I have run into the same problem on 1.3 pb4a. Does it work in TA5? If so are there any bugs?

It would be awesome to play FE on TA5.

TopGun

.:.FTD.:.TopGun-Lt_Gen

Red Devil

Sorry about that.  I'll fix it.

I'm about done with G66 2.0, so after that, I'll be focusing on FE for 1.3.
What box???

onewolfe9

DraconisMarch

I'm running into some problems with this.

1.  In instant action, none of the Extra Options work, and picking my race at this menu does nothing.  Plus, when I start a 3-way game, the screen that normally lets you choose your race, starting force, and scrap cheats is completely blank.  I can still move the mouse around and hear the sound when it selects something, so I can still start the game, but I'm always the Scions.  Variety works just like it did in 1.2 though.

2.  The scrap meter is abnormally short and fat, and is gray for some reason instead of green.

3.  Multiplayer has it the worst I think.  The Hadean pilot starts out with an ISDF sniper that doesn't do anything.  (You can't see anything down the scope.)  In MPI, whenever I pick the Cerberi, it makes the enemy the Hadeans.  (Which begin the game by building an ISDF Constructor?!)  When I pick the Scions, it makes them the ISDF.  When I pick the Hadeans, it makes them the Scions.  And when I pick the ISDF, it also makes them the Hadeans.  I haven't messed with it more than this to see what other issues there may be.

Help please!

PS:  I'm using 1.3pb5 on a fresh install.

bb1

"PS:  I'm using 1.3pb5 on a fresh install."

Thread Name:

Forgotten Enemies (FE) For 1.3 PB3

We all anxiously await FE for 1.3PB5.1, Red Devil will work on it when he is done with G66.

Red Devil

Yes, sorry.  Been finding some more things to work on in G66 lately.  Much better, though.  :-)
What box???

DraconisMarch

I thought that mods usually worked for versions of 1.3 even newer than the one it was originally designed in.  Oh well.  :roll:  That explains everything.  Guess it's time for a downgrade...

DraconisMarch

Okay.  So I tried it again (fresh install, 1.3pb3, FE 1.3, and now have even MORE problems than I did before.  I only tried two games as the Cerberi vs. the Scions.

1.  The graphics are terrible.  A lot of things are pixelated (I.E. Cerberi unit icons, some of the previews of the maps, etc.)  The icons are also messed up (the builder has the icon of a Scion builder, the turrets have the icon of the Scion Guardian).

2.  The Cerberi recycler deploy is HUGE - like 4x4.

3.  The builder is a cross between the Cerberi one and the Scion one (Scion shape and movements, but Cerberi colors/skin).  It is also missing about half of the buildings from its build menu.  Same problem with the Crucible taking up a ton of space.

4.  Once I enter the game, the console pops up in my face and tells me that the AIPs can't be found - both the 1.3 default and the FE versions.  This was only confirmed by me going to the Scion base to find them doing nothing.

Ahhhh!!!

Red Devil

Yup, needs work, but it sounds like it isn't installed correctly.

How/where did you install it?
What box???

DraconisMarch

1.  Made new Program File called Battlezone II - 1.3pb3.
2.  Ran setup, installing new instance of BZ2 there.
3.  Downloaded 1.3pb3 from BZScrap.
4.  Unzipped all files to 1.3pb3.
5.  Ran 1.3pb3 installer.
6.  Unzipped all FE 1.3 files into root directory.
7.  Created shortcut as directed.
8.  Ran shortcut.

When I installed it in a 1.3pb5 directory, it actually worked better there.  However, both times, upon startup, it said there were multiple instances of the file "cvwraply.odf", so I just went in, found both, and deleted one of them.  Both worked fine after that.  But deleting one of them didn't stop it from doing this in the 1.3pb3 directory.

Red Devil

Please check this list of the FE files and folders in the root.

There should be:

FEpilots
FEsaved
FE_PB3_Editor
FE_PB3_Maps
FE_PB3.cfg
FE_PB3.pak
FE_PB3_Editor.cfg

Shortcut:

I:\FE_For_PB3  /nointro  /config FE_PB3.cfg
What box???

General BlackDragon

And WTH is up with the scrap bar RD?  :?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Red Devil

Yeah, mine snuck in there and I posted a replacement for it.
What box???

DraconisMarch

Quote from: Red Devil on December 16, 2009, 05:03:49 PM
Yeah, mine snuck in there and I posted a replacement for it.

You mean the scrap meter is supposed to overlap into the radar display?

Anyways, I have all of the files you listed, and the shortcut is set up properly ("C:\Program Files\Battlezone II - 1.3pb3\bzone.exe" /config FE_PB3.cfg).