• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Getting model into game

Started by anomaly, March 10, 2008, 04:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

It is probably your conversion process/export that is going wrong, I have not used blender myself, so I cannot help much with that, but I have seen this error before, and it is usually exactly what it says. The vertex coordinates listed in the xsi do not add up to what it was expecting to find.

example
     Mesh plant {
        6;
        0;0;0;,
        -0.07975;1.5;0.362;,
        -0.2;0;0.2;,
        0;0;0;,
        0.2;0;0.2;,
        -0.07975;1.5;0.362;;

The first numeric value 6; defines the number of entry's below it, these coordinates define the vetices of the mesh. So if there are more than 6 entrys before ;; ends the sequence you will get that error.

You broke it...try again.  :-D

VSMIT

If you're using any patch pre-PB5.1, the maximum number of verticies you can have is 8192.  PB5.1 can use up to 60k verticies.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

8192? The game crashed for me at just over 900 verts!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Kalshion

Thanks, as I have said though, I'm using 1.3 Public Beta 5.1 currently.

I have tried exporting it a couple more times, I even attempted it after starting the system back up - all have met with the same error message. I guess I'll give it another go, this time with just a four vertice object.

*sigh*

Experimenting, gotta love it... wish I knew where overmind was so he could comment.

TheJamsh

The previous limit wasnt 8192 at all, it was 2730. (Taken from GSH's post about PB5.1's release. The new limit is 20K as well, not 60K.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

Open the xsi in notepad2, see if the mesh has the right amount of lines in it.

If not then you probably are needing to optimise the model before you export it.
I don't know how this translates into blender jargon...

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 26, 2009, 04:15:10 AM
The previous limit wasnt 8192 at all, it was 2730. (Taken from GSH's post about PB5.1's release. The new limit is 20K as well, not 60K.

The limit was 8192 verticies.  When I use a term, I mean what I say.  The old poly limit was 2730&2/3 polys, because each poly is separated from the others (i.e.: no shared verticies) when xsis are compiled to msh.

Trust me, I was one of the ones who helped GSH test the new poly limit...
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

BNG Da BZ Fool

I've experienced this too many tris error before as well mostly when trying to use an X model that's been triangulated prior to saving it and placed in the map editor. I don't think the issue is related with the model having too many triangles though. How are you making your models and how are you converting them to XSI? 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on October 29, 2009, 12:37:50 PM
I've experienced this too many tris error before as well mostly when trying to use an X model that's been triangulated prior to saving it and placed in the map editor. I don't think the issue is related with the model having too many triangles though. How are you making your models and how are you converting them to XSI? 
3DS Max 7 with the XSI exporter.