• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Promotions/Avatars

Started by CmptrWz, March 13, 2008, 11:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

CmptrWz, do you know what's up with my rank?  It says I'm scrap with a post count of over 5k.  I don't believe it has ever changed since I registered.

It's nothing major, I'm just curious why others have other ranks based on their post count while mine is locked at scrap.

Zero Angel

What comes from scrap, must eventually return to scrap. Its the circle of biometal.  :-)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

CmptrWz

There are a few different post labels.

You start off as Scrap.

After ten posts, you go on a drinking binge as you are assigned scavenger duty.

After twenty posts you sober up.

Thirty posts and you get transferred to constructor duty, with a required drinking binge.

After fifty posts you are sobering up again, and we can't have a sober constructor, so you get stuck in a rattler.

After a hundred posts you have proven yourself worthy of scouting, and get jammed in a Thunderbolt.

Two hundred posts and it is decided that you are worthy of danger, and get to move up to a Sabre.

Five hundred posts and you get to move to the heavy weapons, a Bull Dog.

Then, at a thousand posts, you get the big guns, an Attila.

At five thousand posts you get cocky, and blown up, thus returning to whence you came, scrap.

And, finally, at one hundred thousand posts, you get Recycler status.

(yes, there is a bit of a jump there at the end, and I probably could have gotten away with just posting a <required posts> - <label> list, but meh.)

VSMIT

Your list makes me wonder if anybody is ever going to get recycler status...

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

If commando can't set an avatar, it might be broken, since his scrap group would realy be another group with the same name.

My question is, if his group never changed, how would that be fixed?

Click on the image...

CmptrWz

If his group had truely never updated (which is not the case, mind you) then I am fairly certain that the "re-evaluate all post groups" that happened as part of updates, post removals, etc. would have fixed him.

anomaly

Quote from: VSMIT on March 14, 2008, 08:46:08 PM
Your list makes me wonder if anybody is ever going to get recycler status...

VSMIT.

Well, it looks like RD will be getting an upgrade some time soon...

VSMIT

If he keeps posting at the rate he is...  It should be done in a couple days :lol:!

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Zero Angel

The global mods should be armouries, the psuedo-admins factories, and the admins can be recyclers.... or extractors because where would we be without extractors? ;)

QuoteAnd, finally, at one hundred thousand posts, you get Recycler status.
I'm sure bbb will get there someday. That spammer.  :-P
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

hehe - mods will eat your spam... Then, your post count will start to go down!

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Probably not feasible, but there's those who might like to be associated with races other than the one that spawned the traitorous General Braddock, like the Scions (Av wants to be a Mauler, of course), Hadeans, Cerberi, Mechana, Phaer Rhan, Swarm, Black Dogs, etc.
What box???

CmptrWz

But the code itself only supports one name per group.

Which means to get multiple names per group a mod would have to be installed.

And given that I have yet to see a mod that does that, I would have to write the mod.

And that would take time.

And time is money.

And you should see where I am going with this by now...

Zero Angel

It doesnt take a genius to figure out where you're going with this.
{bac}Zero Angel

TheJamsh

in simple language

<statingtheblatantlyobvious>No</statingtheblatantlyobvious>

:D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.