• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problems with BZ2 & Latest Nvidia Drivers (8800GT, 9600GT)

Started by Steeveeo, March 31, 2008, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

New nVidia drivers (non-beta) linked at http://techreport.com/discussions.x/16439 . Not sure if this fixes the bug. If not, keep bugging nVidia to support DX6 better.

Private 1.3 builds do seem to have a workaround for this bug.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

Quote from: GSH on February 20, 2009, 11:39:54 AM
Private 1.3 builds do seem to fix this bug.
What fixed it? Changes to the Skydome code?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

CP5670

Are those builds available anywhere, or will we be able to get them in the future?

At this point, I have pretty much given up hope on getting this working otherwise. The GTX 200 line doesn't work on drivers older than the 177 series, which I think are too recent.

VSMIT

They're called private builds for a reason. :roll:

They'll be released when the next public beta of 1.3 is released.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

hybirdisdf

Anyone have experinced problem with nvidia geforce gtx series? (GTX 260,280,285,295)

VSMIT

Quote from: CP5670 on February 24, 2009, 09:45:58 PM
The GTX 200 line doesn't work on drivers older than the 177 series, which I think are too recent.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

hybirdisdf

Does that means GTX series wont work on older driver under 9?

VSMIT

I don't know.  I don't personally have a GT200 card.

GSH

Once again, nVidia has posted http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=97118 new drivers. No idea if they fix things. As before, post-1.3pb4a builds have a workaround, I think. Not sure when it'll release.

-- GSH

GSH

1.3 tech alpha 5 is out now, and should squash this bug.

-- GSH

TheJamsh

The move to DX9

We never thought it would happen kids. be sure to thank GSH muchly!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GSH  I just want to say thank you very much for all you hard work. DX9 patch works just fine for me.  :-D

GSH

This thread is possibly able to be un-stickied, or un-stickied with a replacement post that says:

1) 1.0 thru 1.3pb4a (inclusive) - turn sky detail off. Bug nVidia if you feel strongly about this.
2) 1.3ta5 and up - all fixed.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

Well, I did amend the Solution section of the OP, if that helps any.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

cataclisto

I have this same exact problem with the nvidia geforce 8600, only workaround that's worked for me is changing the view in game, (like changing 800/600 to 1024/768) its sometimes a pain when the buttons disappear then i need to go by sound :p