• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problems with BZ2 & Latest Nvidia Drivers (8800GT, 9600GT)

Started by Steeveeo, March 31, 2008, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

just got around to trying the original drivers that came on the disk (The oldest I could find at all), no dice, problem still occurs.

Im still waiting on an answer for my other question, what are the other graphical troubleshooting command line switches besides /nodxt?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

GSH

Im still waiting on an answer for my other question, what are the other graphical troubleshooting command line switches besides /nodxt?

Why not look at the 'Readme13.rtf', in the same directory as bzone.exe. There's not much in the way of things to try, only -nolights, -noparticles, maybe also -noxmm.

-- GSH

Quote from: GSH on April 01, 2008, 02:16:04 PM
Things like http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/moltencore/  ("Has sound" :) ) is an April Fools post.
-- GSH

LOL...  and I could even play that... on a real 2600 to boot...

"Lush 2D environments"...   :lol:

-Av-

Red Devil

Try going into the utilities (if any) for that card and see if there's a "Support DXT textures" switch.

Try the Omega nVidia drivers.

What box???

Steeveeo

Thanks for the good idea RD, trying Omegas, lets hope it IS a driver thing and not a hardware thing.

GSH

As I've said at least three times this thread, it's almost certainly nVidia's drivers fault. Please go complain to them. That's the only thing that'll get things handled.

-- GSH

Quote from: Dx on April 01, 2008, 12:12:40 PM
A few people had that problem in bz1.

ATI's HD cards droped all support for dx5 but dx6 games like bz2 still worked. Talking to ATI tech support was useless sense they refused to pass on the info to their driver development team.

Has bz2 had any nvidia/zbuffer issues?

I have to agree with DX on this one. I also had HD3870 and ATI droped http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6927 the entire legacy supports on there DX10 cards. Not just BZ1 but a pretty much all DX5-7 games no longer work on HD cards. So I dumped it got myself X1950Pro and my entire games collection work fine now. Unfortunately NVIDIA is just as bad; there own forums are packed with complaints regarding old games support. Sadly none of them: ATI or NVIDIA give a damn about old game support.

GSH

Old game support counts for *zero* in the reviews at all the usual newssites. Only whether you play game of the month 1.2 fps faster, or 1.3. Maybe complaints need to be directed at ATI, nVidia, and whatever review sites you read.

-- GSH

Quote from: GSH on April 04, 2008, 05:06:08 PM
Old game support counts for *zero* in the reviews at all the usual newssites. Only whether you play game of the month 1.2 fps faster, or 1.3. Maybe complaints need to be directed at ATI, nVidia, and whatever review sites you read.

-- GSH

Please believe me, I had to argue for over a year with NVIDIA corporate office regarding old game support; they simply do not care about your "OLD" games. NVIDIA refused to acknowledge the problem with there drivers, instead they blame game developers for there own mistakes. Heck, they even refused to fix the bug that was causing problem with QuickTime. http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=37997 I know, because many of us had directly contacted ATI and NVIDIA and the only thing you get from them is "Oh well the game is too old anyway, not our fault, game developer made a mistake and they should fix it", or some other nonsense like that... The only thing they care is +.2FPS in Crysis or whatever.
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=34842&st=0
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=9382
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=35500

BTW, what happened to these forums? What happened to the BZ1? :?

technoid

Tech support for old products.  Yeah, pretty rare, as most companies only go forward and focus on the bottomline. You know that's the case when you try to find some really dated material you need (such as specs for a really old hard drive, old software drivers, or something) on the manufacturer's website, leading you pretty much to nowhere and then having to rely on 'Google', heh. So, you either have to wait a little longer for a positive response directly from the company or luckily find some hacker/modder who's found a half-decent or brilliant solution, such as figuring out their software drivers.  Of course, as that person, be careful to tread lightly and try not to infringe on that company's IP.  As an example, that reminds me of Daniel K and his recent fiasco with Creative Labs.  Although that example is moreso about future products, it is similar here as far as "customer support".  See this thread for further info.  I'm sure some of you have already heard about it.

After all this, I wonder if a 9600 is still worth a purchase.  Perhaps nVidia will bring back antique support in future revisions. My latest video card is still a Geforce Ti-4600, so I've got nothing to worry about.   :-P

Quote from: Member on April 04, 2008, 05:18:59 PMBTW, what happened to these forums? What happened to the BZ1? :?
Check the News section of the forum.  A lot of stuff have been cut down.

Nielk1

Steeveeo traded someone (and used money to equalize the value) to downgrade to an 8800 (though he said something about it being an upgrade) and now he has BZ2 working for all but a few sky domes, which he remedies by putting the sky detail on low for those maps.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

What he said :P

Someone = My Dad
8800 = GT
Drivers = Still cant find the ones Av said worked.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Avatar on April 01, 2008, 10:02:52 AM
Ok, for some reason, I cannot find those drivers, even using google (probably doing it wrong)...

Anyone got a link to this particular driver version? This is starting to really tick me off, especially because I cant play the new XMOD and I cant stand it long enough to do any serious modding...

Spawn

There are different versions for different cards, look for one around the same date if you can find the driver.  Try looking for other people having the same problem through google.

Steeveeo

BTW, when I switched for the 8800GT, it had the exact same driver version as the 9600GT, therefore still causing a problem, so does anybody know where to find ALL the 8800GT drivers instead of only the latest ones that cause problems?