• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Problems with BZ2 & Latest Nvidia Drivers (8800GT, 9600GT)

Started by Steeveeo, March 31, 2008, 08:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

[url] http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us[url] finds plenty. Just set Product Series to GeForce8 Series, and then select 8600. And, for Recommended/Beta, select 'All'.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

I did that, and the earliest driver I could find on there still causes the problem, and is only from October (is that when the 8800GT came out?)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

OvermindDL1

I thought NVidia used a 'universal' driver version for all cards like ATI does...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

GSH

ATI hasn't been universal in a while. They have different downloads for the 9200 vs x1300 vs others.

Frankly, after reading Linus Torvalds's comments (yes, that Torvalds) about video drivers, I'm willing to cut them a smidgen of slack: http://www.realworldtech.com/forums/index.cfm?action=detail&id=88678&threadid=88676&roomid=2 .

-- GSH

Red Devil

"purty graphics is going to hide the
fact that we're still the same pig underneath"

:lol:
What box???

@Steeveeo
If you are looking for older drivers then look at http://downloads.guru3d.com/ they have old as well as new drivers.
Hope that helps.

OvermindDL1

Don't know about 9200, but my 9700Pro and my X1950XTX use the same driver version when installed from the same universal catalyst...

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Commando

I just got a 9800 GTX so I'll see if I get the same issue when I get my new rig up tomorrow.

Commando

I gave bz2 a try with the 9800 GTX.  At first it works just fine, then after a few minutes, the framerates drop below 10 fps.  At about the same time, the terrain disappears.

Steeveeo

Ok, so we both got the same problem, I cant find any really early drivers that will install on Guru3D, mainly because none of the links say the card/series they are for, so I got "Could not find drivers compatible with your hardware, setup will now close" errors every time, so I went back to the latest Omega drivers for the sake of keeping at least some of my games running...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

im sticking with an 8800gts until someone finds out how to fix this
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

im using a geForce 7600 LE... and i downloaded the very latest driver...

its works perfectly for me. vista system if that makes a difference

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Commando

I'm on XP with the 9800 GTX.  Works fine at first, but after several minutes, it will start acting up badly. 

Spawn

Does it still act badly if there are no vehicles/terrain that the player can see?  Mine would also lock the screen up after so long (though game would keep running) and give a direct draw out of memory error until I rebooted.

When I was using the newest nvidia drivers (169.21) I had the same problem, but when I switched to 163.75 it worked perfectly.

Commando

I think I could see vehicles, but I couldn't see the terrain.