• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Uncle Avatar's Scriptor Time...

Started by Avatar, April 22, 2008, 06:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

Special thanks to AV and the other modders who've taken the time to share this stuff. BBB, it would be nice if you followed suit and posted some tutorials yourself. BNG squeezes BBB's brain in an effort to obtain some knowledge.... Tanks Avatar your tutorials are very much appreciated...BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

bigbadbogie

im not the tutorial type person - however i am quite happy to answer any questions you have about modding
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

I have many many ideas for neat dll controled single player things. (and mp hopefully).

One of them was the same as something in Dune Command, A Dropship decending down, with a physical vehicle attached (Think Halo's Pelican + Warthog/Tank) and landing, dropping the vehicle and maybe spawning some troops, and then flying off.

Kudos if it can also shoot at stuff while flying past.

How would you do that?

My non DLL preliminary idea follows along the same lines as the pilots mortar packs, where a ship comes down, and deploys like a turret and fies a pack like the mortar, but it dispenses a tank and the model on the ship dissapears like the one in the back of the pilot mortar. Then the dll tells the ship to move off once the tank is spawned via the weapon.

I know, random, but I thought I should write this down somewhere... One of those things that hits me when im trying to fall asleep. Hehe, some of my greatest stuff has hit me then.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

DLL should spawn the items too. If you are using DLLs, the less ODF tricks the better as they can get confusing and are ultimately unneeded in that situation.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

You could use the QF shuttle technique and have it carry the unit until it gets to the landing point, then just drop it off.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

TheJamsh

nielk1's new DLL class work would get it to shoot if you attached turret taps to the 'pelican' vehicle.

and the QF shuttle would work, using a tug.

was the dune command stuff done with DLL? i always thought it was a special ODF configuration. although then again ive not played DC for years... maybe ill DL it again.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

DC intercepts the hunt command and then replaces the object and does a little animation.

My attacher code originated from BBB's shuttle code. Though I have many more options and have it run though a C++ DLL.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

not a tug? oh darn. well still, could work anyway lol...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.