• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BETA For PB5.1

Started by Red Devil, April 24, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Natty Bumppo is the author of G66 and G66 2.0 and is one of the very finest BZ2 modders.

Unfortunately, Natty was unable to finish 2.0 due to RL, but he was gracious enough to pass on the DLL source and assets

Commando, bless him, did a *lot* of tedious work in modifying assets to make use of inheritance.

I was fortunate enough to be able to work on his project, but, in the process, I have been affected/infected by his loathng of humans, so I am now unable to apologize for any evil that may befall you - not that I would if I could.

G66 2.0 should mainly be played on the "v2' maps found at the bottom of the map list.

G66 2.0 Features:

Environment:

- Earthquakes
- Animals
- Volcanoes and Geysers
- Random Pools
- Random Scrap Fields
- Mine Fields
- Birds
- Sun Movement

AI:

- Surprise Attacks
- Rogue Attacks
- Subversion
- Patrols
- Skill Progression
- Fighting Pilots (Randomized Snipers, Riflemen, Grenadiers, and Rocketeers)
- Advanced AI
- 12 Generic AIP's per race
- Difficulty adjustments
  - Selectable in shell.
  - Difficulty increases according to number of humans present.
  - Armor of enemy increases according to difficulty selected.
- Idle Dispatcher is not used

Startup

- Advanced ship selection
- Neutral Snipes

Humans

- Commandable Infantry (snipers, riflemen, grenadiers, anti-tank)
- Pilotable APCs (thanks to Greenheart)
- Subversion Rifles (thanks to Nielk1 for the chargegun idea)

Deatmatch

- Huge DM maps with fast ships

Here's the BETA of G66 2.0 to TEST.  It's for PB5.1.

>>> DELETE any old G66 2.0 folder before installing <<<

Unzip to the root of your install so that it creates a "G66 2.0" folder in the root.

Your install should look like this:

Add ' /config G6620.cfg ' (sans quotes) to your shortcut to run (use the supplied .lnk file as a guide).

Example:

Target          "C:\Program Files\BZ2\bzone.exe" /config G6620.cfg

Start in            "C:\Program Files\BZ2"

Vista/Windows 7:

- Add /novista to the shortcut as well if you want BZ2 file locations to remain the same.  Otherwise, Vista/Windows 7 will place the pilots, saved, and other folders and their files in My Documents.

The maps in the map list with a 'v2' on the end are G66 2.0 maps.  The others are older maps without all the new path points added yet, so they will not play as well as the 'v2' maps.

G66 2.0 Beta 42 for PB5.1  <<===== DOWNLOAD LINK   .zip version  ~40.0 MB

G66 2.0 Beta 42 DLLs  <<===== DOWNLOAD LINK   .zip version  558 KB

G66 2.0 CFG  <<===== Download/unzip this if the the CFG is missing   .7z version 2KB  
What box???

Red Devil

Uploading a new BETA 14 zip.

- Found the cause of the Service Bay problem and fixed it.

- Reduced Rail Gun fire rate and range.

- Reduced laser missile fire rate and range.

- Added Training Facility as requirement for infantry and reduced cost to 10.

I picked up a Rail Gun crate in TA5 earlier, fired it, experienced some warping/resync, then it turned into Xenon Stream, so I see what you guys mean.  Might be just TA5, tho.
What box???

Axeminister

If you can't figure it out just make the weapons be surprise weapons (no name crates) so people won't always point it out as a flaw.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

Heh  :lol:  Funny yo should say that - i was just considering switching people's weapons on them randomly.
What box???

Red Devil

Found another deadly embrace case.  Uploaded a new zip.

Wingnut and I tested in TA5 and the bay works now.

What box???

BZSubmaximal

total pilot frustration...apparently I am alone in this nightmare...I hop out..and I am 10ft in the air..yet if I walk back I enter ship normally, but entering buildings is impossible... RD...I'm not sure a msh effects that...but I am willing to try any suggestion...

VoodooChile

reinstalling is probably a lot less work than figuring this out...unless u realy want to know...

Red Devil

Sorry, had company yesterday.

Delete the G66 2.0 folder, then search your install for ispilo*.*  If there's any ispilo*.msh in data\binData (or anywheres), delete it, then reinstall the latest G66 2.0.
What box???

VoodooChile

version 14:

i played several maps, egypt, dunes, mojave and a few more. all vII on hard or insane
ai doesnt build heavy units making it too easy, just scouts, pumas, mbikes and missilescouts, i do like however that scouts have gattling, makes em a lot tougher.
the higher level u play, the more options for your own ai go toward retarted.
u can readjust that yourself but i think the challenge should be found in a hard opponent, not to command a retarted army  8-)
maybe leave those options on good ai by default and let people lower it themselves if they want to?
laser missile is great as it is, for your own use and on rockettanks, only laser rocket doesnt do much damage, making hornet again the better choice for a rockettank.
that other rocket, bombrocket or something, i only tried it 1 or 2 times and it didnt seem to work well either.

further i have enjoyed some realy good mpi  8-)

Red Devil

After revamping the AIP's, I purposely limited the number of heavy units being used.  I'll change that soon as we move forward; then you'll wish I hadn't.  :wink:

Not sure what you mean about going to a higher level.  Can you supply specifics?

I reduced the damage that laser missiles do after 'pwning' the AI with them so easily.

v15 is posted, but I'm making a v16 tonight after finding a problem in the ISDF AIP's.

What box???

VoodooChile

if you adjust the difficulty level than automaticly combat unit skill, turret skill ,skill progression and non combat skill get adjusted for your own ai.

what does skill progression do for your own ai?

greetz

edit: oh and does unit limit only effect yourself or also ai or both?

Red Devil

Those settings are adjusted for convenience when you select each difficulty.  You can set them wherever you want afterwards.

The AI team doesn't have a unit limit.
What box???

VoodooChile

what i'm saying is: it is inconvenient, who wants to play with bad ai?....it's no big thing though really...

Red Devil

Well, some people do. People who have never played before, etc.
What box???

Red Devil

G66 2.0 BETA 16 uploaded.

- Adjusted the ISDF AIP's so that the building of supplemental defenses don't occur before attacks start, so attacks start sooner.

- Reduced the cost of Landmasters.

- Noticed that the bomber isn't attacking now, so I put in a debugging message in the console.

What box???