• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MM5 Issues and Ideas

Started by CmptrWz, April 25, 2008, 08:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky_foot

Just a thought too. I noticed this when I was developing for Cerberi Revenge using MM5 to launch the map editor.

For 1.3 versions, maybe put some type of check so the program will launch bz2edit.exe instead of bzone.exe?
Jonathan S.

CmptrWz

lucky_foot: That is already implemented. Whether or not the version you have does it is a different question.

BNG: Once MM5 starts BZ2 it drops back and just waits for BZ2 to finish. It doesn't attempt to do anything to BZ2, doesn't attempt to grab keyboard inputs, it just sits there and waits. I never had issues with BZ2 crashing because MM5 started it, either.

As for the maps thing, I already SAID it doesn't find all the maps. Sheesh.

Commando

The only issue I occasionally see is the tray icon becoming disabled.  I have the setting enabled so the icon will be visbie, but every once in a while, MM5 automatically disables it when I start up my computer.

bigbadbogie

another thing - with screen resoloutions in-game, without mm5 i can go all the way up to 1680x1050 -- but with mm5 it only goes up to 1280x1024
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

CmptrWz

By that do you mean "when selecting with MM5" or is it just because you launched from MM5?

lucky_foot

Quote from: CmptrWz on May 13, 2008, 02:41:06 PM
lucky_foot: That is already implemented. Whether or not the version you have does it is a different question.

Oooh. That explains it. I haven't updated my MM5 launcher since I first started playing mods five years ago. :| Sorry, to bug ya.
Jonathan S.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: CmptrWz on May 14, 2008, 07:57:39 AM
By that do you mean "when selecting with MM5" or is it just because you launched from MM5?

launched from mm5

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

TheJamsh

where is the LATEST version of MM5? im assuming bzscrap?

and wether ive missed it being said or not, i think it would be useful for it to launch mods using there named CFG files, so launch the bzone.exe with a different CFG, is that actually possible?

trouble is i always have to rename my CFG files before playing a mod, which makes me think... what is the point of MM5 if i can just rename my CFG files and play it that way? if MM5 launched bzone with different CFG's it would save me the hassle of renaming the things over and over again.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CmptrWz

Two things:

1 - MM5 is capable of re-naming the config files for you for older versions of BZ2.
2 - MM5 for 1.3 will support alternate config files, but only for 1.3.

bigbadbogie

jamsh - that is exactly what mm5 is meant to do - look at... say fleshstorm.bzm and see that it contains a line: RenameEX("bzone.cfg","fleshstorm.cfg","fleshstorm.bak");

this makes mm5 use fleshstorm's cfg instead of the stock bz2 one when you launch it from mm5

My BZ2 mods:

TheJamsh

strange... mine NEVER did that :S

wheres the latest version for 1.3?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.