• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

hover recycler classes?

Started by TheJamsh, April 27, 2008, 10:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

can you do that?

if not, can it be slipped into PB4?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

Recycler is a tracked vehicle class, Hovering can be faked, but frankly it does not look so good and still behaves like a tracked vehicle.
My first Dalek recy design was a fake hover, I concluded that it did not look good and built some tracks for it. Much better now.
Recycler vehicles and buildings (and scavs/pools) are probably one of the most difficult models to make because of the deploy transition.

TheJamsh

well my ship is 300 meters long, meh its got tracks on it but it wont deploy it just zips around the rough area i asked it to deploy in without stopping and being dragged in to deploy.

i ask it to deploy and it just folics around trying to do it but cant :S how cna ifix that?

times one ODF:

[GameObjectClass]
baseName = "fvpene"
geometryName = "fvpship00.xsi"
geometryScale = 0.1
classLabel = "recyclervehicle"
collisionRadius = 100.0
scrapCost = 0
scrapValue = 0
maxHealth = 70000
maxAmmo = 0
unitName = "Penetrator"
aiName = "DeployBuildingFriend"
aiName2 = "DeployBuildingEnemy"
heatSignature = 2.0
imageSignature = 5.0
radarSignature = 5.0
isAssault = 1

armorClass = H

///// shield /////

weaponMask = 00001
weaponHard1 = "hp_shield_1"
weaponName1 = "gshield"
weaponAssault1 = 0

/////////////////

[CraftClass]
rangeScan = 400.0f
periodScan = 5.0f
velocJam = 0.0f
TeamTransferrable = false

selectUser1Msg = "fvrecy02.wav"  // building
selectUser2Msg = "fvrecy10.wav"  // can't do
selectWaitMsg = "fvrecy04.wav"  // yes sir
selectGoMsg = "fvrecy01.wav"  // in transit
selectOtherMsg = "fvrecy04.wav"  // yes sir
holdMsg = "fvrecy09.wav"
attackMsg = "fvrecy05.wav"
goMsg = "fvrecy05.wav"
goObjectMsg = "fvrecy04.wav"
user1Msg = "fvrecy02.wav"
user2Msg = "fvrecy13.wav"
followMsg = "fvrecy03.wav"
otherMsg = "fvrecy04.wav"

[TrackedVehicleClass]
velocForward = 10.0
velocReverse = 10.0
accelThrust = 50.0
omegaSpin = 2.0

engineSound = "irecy01.wav"
treadSound = "irecy01b.wav"

[TrackedDeployableClass]
timeDeploy = 5.0
timeUndeploy = 5.0
soundDeploy = "irecy03.wav"

[DeployBuildingClass]
deployName = "fbpene"

[RecyclerVehicleClass]
scrapHold = 0
</code>

Feared_1

Quote from: TheJamsh on April 27, 2008, 10:38:14 AM
can you do that?

if not, can it be slipped into PB4?

I think it's been said before that you pretty much missed your chance for anything new going into PB4. You should have brought it up a long time ago :P

General BlackDragon

Do something like BZC Did, Make it a hover scav and deploys on a pool.

Thats the only real way I know of :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

Warfreak

Going with wat Feared-1 said... The feature of a "hover" recycler was never needed to begin with (or was faked quite well by modders before) and the need for it is very little, so it was never added to pb4, and probably never will.... (there is always dll too.......)

mrtwosheds

Quotebut it wont deploy it just zips around the rough area i asked it to deploy in without stopping and being dragged in to deploy.
Normal problem with recyclers, mine did the same, tricky advising the exact solution, recys need to find the exact point to deploy on, so if they go to fast, for example, they will not deploy just drive back and forth missing the point every time. It may also have something to do with the tracks (invisible) and the position of their frame root, I assume they are being used to position it (by the game engine) similar to walker feet. The rate of turn also effects the recy's ability to deploy. Basically it has to be agile enough to be able to position itself at exactly the right point in a reliable manner.

TheJamsh

can you not override the distance it needs to be from this point? you know have scavs slide across a pool to deploy?

check my recent post, the files are in there please look at it and adjust as you see fit

mrtwosheds

Quotethe files are in there please look at it and adjust as you see fit
No thanks, its enough fun getting my own one to work properly.

anomaly

If its having because it keeps zipping past the correct path, maybe try adjusting acceleration?  Do tracked vehicles have a accelDragStop setting? Stock units don't seem to have one but if it works you could set that to a low number.  But, your above suggestion would work the best if you can do it.

lucky_foot

Quote from: Feared_1 on April 27, 2008, 12:04:36 PM
I think it's been said before that you pretty much missed your chance for anything new going into PB4. You should have brought it up a long time ago :P

I brought it up before and with so many ways of being able to make it look hover, I believe it was decided that it would go to a very low priority and didn't make it on the list. :)
Jonathan S.

We did ask for a 'hoverbuilding', that was a generic 'deploy on a square and turn into a building'...  and as was said it wasn't a high priority thing.

I did it in BZC by using the 'hoverscav' class.  The problem with that is that you need a 'geyser' object to deploy on, which is actually a very tiny pool. :)  This can be good or bad... 

Good, because it allows you to specify the area you want a base in.  Bad, because you have to 'seed' the area with invisible pools.

DLL can be tough also.  Let's say you want to use a turret as your base object, and make a Recycler where it deploys.  You can watch the turret, and make a Recycler when it deploys, but a Recycler has to 'own terrain' and depending on how you set up the building may 'snap back' to the center of a terrain square.

When it all comes down to it I had very good luck with invisible treads.  I originally set the material opacity to zero, but you can also use an alpha channel in their texture and they won't even show up under 'one light source'. 

The only issue then is that they sink over water.  :(

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Avatar on May 02, 2008, 11:40:43 AM
We did ask for a 'hoverbuilding', that was a generic 'deploy on a square and turn into a building'...  and as was said it wasn't a high priority thing.

IF THATS NOT A HIGH PRIORITY THEN WHAT THE HELL IS????
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

CmptrWz

Crashes. Resyncs. Bugfixes to existing code. Things that break STOCK. Etc.

General BlackDragon

Yea....

:) I think I'll poke at it though...hmmm

*****General BlackDragon*****