• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4 Requestion

Started by Steeveeo, May 02, 2008, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Yes, I have another Requestion.

"What is a Requestion?" You may ask. The answer is this: Its a request and/or question (because I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet).

"To the point!" You say? Fine, don't get your panties in a twist.

Anyway, the requestion is this:

While developing SRV, I've noticed that you are limited to about 10 scrapholds (IE, 1 recy, 9 extractors; 2 recys, 3 silos, and 5 extractors, etc) before no new scrapholds register on the bar and give you more storage.

Is this/Can this be fixed in PB4? With silos included in gameplay, it would probably be a necessity to increase the limit of extractors from 10, to say, 20 (that should allow for quite a bit more flexibility in mods)

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

GSH

I think current source has a limit of 16 in the exe. Not sure if the UI .cfg files have changed, though.

-- GSH

General BlackDragon

The scrap cfg has only 16 bar "pieces"....

both would need to be increased...hmm

maybe that would be possible?? :) say, 60? 100? 255? ...*think of another crazy number that makes u happy*

*****General BlackDragon*****

Steeveeo

General BlackDragon

naw...

something like 3261.5? :P

Naw, but realistically, could be increased to something modders could really use for...say, mutating scrap into something else. I could think of reasons why someone might want a bar going all the way across the screen with segments about 10 pixels wide. DLL could do anything with THAT :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

If it were increased, I'm sure it increasing to something that is a power of 2 would be more likely.  32, 64, 128, etc.

technoid

Reminds me of when Aaron Horrocks increased the scrap gauge and showed a screenie at Pandi forum.  I think it went from top to bottom of screen.  That was like 8 years ago though.

Commando

As far as I can tell, only nine extractors plus one recycler is supported.  Even when the .cfg has support for 16 scrap producers.  The scrap bar only showed the 10 after the 10th scav deployed meaning there were still nine scavs and one recycler when there should have been ten scavs and one recycler.

mrtwosheds

I don't see this as much of an issue, I can't remember having a game where I had 10 pools, If I did, I did not need 10 pools.
Wealth is maximised in bz2 by efficient translation of scrap into units, more capacity to store scrap actually just makes a player poorer because of the green/yellow/red scrap time.

Commando

I have only seen this limit reached on one map.  I believe the mission is "Payback" in the bz2 single player campaign.

Steeveeo

Quote from: mrtwosheds on May 03, 2008, 09:43:59 AM
I don't see this as much of an issue, I can't remember having a game where I had 10 pools, If I did, I did not need 10 pools.
Wealth is maximised in bz2 by efficient translation of scrap into units, more capacity to store scrap actually just makes a player poorer because of the green/yellow/red scrap time.

Did you read the part where I mentioned silos or not...

Wraith

Having a scrap meter of 500 would be nice.  :wink:
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Steeveeo

heh, you can do that with the current limit, you just need 5 modified extractors that hold 50 scrap ;)

mrtwosheds

QuoteDid you read the part where I mentioned silos or not...
I admit that I have yet to see silos working in bz2.
Presumably they do not produce scrap like extractors, just store it. making them worse than green scrap.
In bz2 the quicker you spend it the more you have.

Commando

Nope.  They work just like green bars.  If you have an extractor, they produce scrap.  If you don't have an extractor, they don't produce scrap.