• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Wondering about a fix.

Started by Steeveeo, May 10, 2008, 11:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

While modding one day, I was trying to remake the Homeworld 2 Torpedo Frigate's anti-fighter missiles (the ones that shoot as one missile, then split into four that chase down the target).

However, the best way I could think of to make it work (in fact, the ONLY way), was to make the initial missile a popper that turned into a spraybomb when triggered, which would then fire 4 missiles at the target.

Thing is, right when the popper triggered it caused an AV, so I concluded that poppers cannot turn to spraybombs.

Is this or can this be fixed in PB4? It would be nice to have some scattering ordnance like that.

Also, this may not make it in, but can a spraybomb be told to inherit its height from the spawnpoint instead of units the setAltitude ODF line?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

General BlackDragon

The only way to do that is to actually make 1 missile a salvo count of poppers. These poppers then should all "burst" at the same time. Make the according missiles kindof like FAFs, where they wiggle off and they should seperate on their own...

I'll make a zip of an old "burst missile" weapon I made ages ago for you...

*****General BlackDragon*****

mrtwosheds

Quoteso I concluded that poppers cannot turn to spraybombs.
Spraybombs trigger when they are on the ground, poppers trigger in the air.
you can get the first stage of a spraybomb to to spawn from a popper, (the mortar) but not the second stage, it needs to be on the ground.

Zero Angel

Theres 2 different types of spraybombs. The first stage is the ordnance class with grenade physics, which spawns an object. The second stage (which I call spraybomb/spraybuilding) is an object class, which releases ordnance.

Ordnance and object are very different things in the BZ2 engine and cannot be interchanged.

Theoretically, you should be able to have the popper be able to fire the first stage spraybomb which will uses grenade physics, then turns into an object when it touches the ground (typically a spraybuilding, but it could be any object even an ivtank). -- But you can't have the popper release the spraybomb/spraybuilding object directly, because the popper expects to fire ordnance, not objects.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression