• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

FE 1.3pb3 errors

Started by Russian Roulette, May 13, 2008, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russian Roulette

So I was playing FE today and on certain maps some scrap pools don't work.
I also looked in instant and the game would launch but there would be no recy, end the console would get a shell.backround error.

anyone have the same problem?

General BlackDragon

shell.background error happens in stock, it comes from bzescape_play/sound/graphic, etc, the options pages. These use shell.background because they're also used in the main menu's options pages.

This could *technically* be fixed...but it would require to make copies of all those CFGs and tweak them a bit. Just ignore the error, it doesnt hurt anything  :mrgreen:

*****General BlackDragon*****

Raynor772

I'm having my own error. I had been playing FE fine for single player for a while, but last night, it stopped working right. I'd been having errors with the "Firing Back" mission, where you need to have the 160 scrap to fire the megagun... and it would cut to some camera view showing terrain or something, and tell me that the first shot of the megagun was away, and would hit in 5 seconds. It wouldn't continue though, and when a pressed spacebar, the game froze and crashed, no error or anything that i'm aware of. But after trying to just copy the mission files from FE for 1.2, and restarting the mission, no scripts would start. I would have the recycler, the engineer, the tank,scout, and turrets, but no intro from wyndt-essex, or any objectives at all, it gave me the console dropdown like you get in instant action. I had put all the custom files I use in a pak file, and I took it out of the cfg, but still I had the same problem. So I made a fresh install of 1.3pb3, and FE for 1.3pb3, but I still get the same problem. I get all the units, terrain is in place, everything, just no scripts I guess. Any ideas?

Red Devil

Can you please post a log from that error?
What box???

Raynor772

I'd love to, but there's a problem, I can't get any scripts to work, so I can't get to the point where the error occurs. There's no error or anything right now, just no mission objectives, cutscenes or anything. Just units on the map.

bigbadbogie

no script means that the dll file for that mission is missing
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Raynor772

Well, if it's missing, then it's missing from the download link, cuz I just extracted every file from the FE download, and it doesn't work. But it worked before... and I don't know why it doesn't work now.

bigbadbogie

exactly - it is missing - RD uploaded another file with the dlls in it

not sure where - RD?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

Should be in the top sticky.
What box???

Raynor772

That's where I d/l'ed  it from though... FE singleplayer WAS working.... but now it's not, i'll re-d/l and see if a folder is missing or something.