• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

one thing PB4 should keep in mind... i think its quite important

Started by TheJamsh, May 22, 2008, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i think that weapon docks should be hidden when they are not selected with pilots.

for example, if you want to give a pilot a sniper as his asault weapon but equip him with a pistol sidearm, it looks a tad stupid when it displays both meshes at once.

i think every HAND weapon should have its XSI included, and the engine swaps between the differnet XSI's when you change weapon. the engine WONT read the XSI out of the other weapons alternateFire file.

sorry if i havent been that clear

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

I can safely say that at this point what's going to make it in to PB4 has already made it and nothing is going to be added at this time unless GSH decides it should. ;)

Jonathan S.

Feared_1

Quote from: lucky_foot on May 22, 2008, 11:46:07 AM
I can safely say that at this point what's going to make it in to PB4 has already made it and nothing is going to be added at this time unless GSH decides it should. ;)
Didn't I say this a little while ago? :?

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

Quotei think that weapon docks should be hidden when they are not selected with pilots.
Then, jetpacks, grenades etc would disappear when you were not using them...
Presumably you are trying to make the twin mode gun use two different models, which does not work.
A clever piece of animation is what you need.

TheJamsh

well maybe you could flick an option in the ODF thats states hide when not in use = 1 or 0 or something... default value being 0.

and yeh you probs all did, im just swinging for the fence ;D

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

And the fence probably is going to turn into a hungry grizzly bear and eat your feet :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

o...k --- a bz2md global moderator is a spammer?? ... me scared
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

GSH

What you're asking for is for BZ2 to be more like Quake/Unreal/GenericOtherFPS. Sorry, but not going to happen anytime soon.

-- GSH

Angstromicus

The word is official, and I doubt there will be any more meaningful disputes or bits of information. Topic locked to prevent spam/nagging.