• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

any extra controls for controlling an insanely in accurate and jumpy gun tower?

Started by TheJamsh, June 03, 2008, 03:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

i tried using Use13Aim = false

the gun tower i have (or the uler amulet gun). goes mental when it tries to shoot something. the X turret goes up and down at a ridiculous speed back and forth and it when it does shoot it misses by a fair bit. it cant seem to aim properly. all settings normal. ive tried slowing it down with omegaTurret set to 1.0 but so far no luck.

any other controls? does Yaw work?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Angstromicus

I encountered a problem like that when I made my Uber gun tower. I think what caused it was having the x axis a child of the y axis.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Some ppl confuse the X and Y and reverse them in the model or the ODF.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

no because with 1.2 code it still works. i cant change it unless coxxon released any ULER XSI's anywhere

Nielk1

Did you try removing the eyepoint from the turret list in the ODF as suggested before?
Is it even in the ODF?
I've had ships work in 1.2 and then in 1.3 the eye point actually acts like it is a turret as stated it should in the ODF, and starts to spin, making looking straight up only aiming at 45 deg.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Try adjusting these:

alphaTurret = 25.0
omegaTurret = 2.0

and this:

steerFactor = 3.5
What box???

TheJamsh

removed the eyepint from the turret list in the ODF still having the same issues. the 1.2 aim code is terrible it misses continuously..

ill try red devils stuff. do yawRate etc work?

GSH

To make the AI ensure it has a shot lined up better, then you want to mess with the fireCone* settings. These are documented in changelog_pb2.txt, about line 2557. (Part of the 64l -> 64m docs). Smaller firecones have less tolerance for error. But, if the cone's too small, it'll never fire because it's not perfect.
I'd try something like

[CraftClass]
fireConeXBase = 0.06 // for AttackTask.cpp and other AI tasks
fireConeXSkillAdj = -0.01 // for AttackTask.cpp and other AI tasks
fireConeYBase = 0.06 // for AttackTask.cpp and other AI tasks
fireConeYSkillAdj = -0.01 // for AttackTask.cpp and other AI tasks

-- GSH