• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

building issue... possible bug

Started by TheJamsh, June 05, 2008, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

not sure if this is a bug or and ODF error. but the problem has been occuring all over the game recently.

my issue is this, i have a new scion building called the processor which takes up slot two in the build panel. this building has categorytypeoverride set to 2 and is a factory class. it is built before the kiln however and only builds scavengers. the mega processor includes constructors also.

this building also has two taps that spawn on the buildings own baseplate. these taps are turrets. collision issues occur with these turrets when the processor is removed in the editor. thats bug number one...

bug number two... if i build a scavenger from the matriarch it works fine. now i try and build one from the processor and it wont let me. im not sure what this problem is but it occurs with whichever building is built second. im not sure even if THAT is the root of the problem.

ive checked ODF's over and over and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong with them. same with XSI's in case its an XSI problem. no issues there either.

this problem has also happened with constructors, factories or any production unit. i select an item to build and although everything it needs is around, it does not build. if its a unit, the icon appears but without the 'countdown' behind it and doesnt start building. constructors just dont build and the buildings mesh doesnt show up for me to place it on the ground.

its all production unit related and happens at the same time. theres nothing wrong with ODF's or Assets as far as i can see so any ideas???

any more info just ask.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

I will go test this now with priv-beta 4.

EDIT:
OK, still an issue. I reported the bug and also noticed a new glitch in the factory icons. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

okay cool. the factory icon glitch is that anything to do with ODF's overriding the CFG files? ive noticed that upgrading buildings doesnt change the icon even if its specified to a new one in the buildings upgrade...

what conditions caused the building issue that i meantioned?

Nielk1

There was another issue that had custom icons overlaying the rec icon if you set one (for any base slot) but that was what was fixed.

I am still asking about the upgrade thing, but that's more of a feature request than a bug I'm sure.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

no.. that is a bug - a big and very squishable one
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

VSMIT

Since you obviously know better, please explain how to get around this "big and very squishable" bug.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Nielk1

I'm actually in the beta... lol

From some of the things I've heard I've been able to make inferences on the structure of the code for BZ2 in certain areas, but this is only a rudimentary guess. More than BBB :-P

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

you cant complain about that until someone lets me into the pb4 beta group :-P

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

Icons now upgrade right.

I'm not sure about the factory issue, but if you add a new factory it would be slot # 4 not slot #2, because 2 would interfere with the factory. Look at SRV's field rec, which is actually a factory.

Collisions with taped items are hellish. I still get random results with different settings, but when it works, it always works with those settings.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

i actually swapped the kiln to slot 5, and just used the processor as the slot #2 factory (it is build first)

its actually the recycler and processor that get mixed up though... so slot 1 + slot 2. maybe ill just put the kiln back in slot two an put the processor at slot 5. bit annoying considering its build first though.

tapped gunturrets are particularly bad... can be awful fun with that... i always find raising the tap away from what its tapped onto very slightly always helps.

Nielk1

Perhaps one of your ODF lines is in error? I haven't messed with the override thing, so perhaps that is set up wrong. That's why I am telling you to look at SRV, because it is a working example.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

yeh its all checked ive done override countless times...

it MUST be an ODF error its just going to take me ages to hunt it down because it all seems so perfect...