• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Teamcolor Enhancement for 1.3

Started by Zero Angel, June 16, 2008, 12:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

thanks senors. If I ever get around to doing the conversion, i'll release an updated pack for 1.3PB4a and higher. But in the meantime if anyone wants to do the conversion for themselves it shouldnt mess with assets at all.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

hybirdisdf

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 11, 2008, 07:25:01 AM
it would be nice to have a shell button or selection box for colours

That is a good idea!

AHadley

Where can I get BZ2DXTGen? I've googled and got one result on FilePump, which links to somewhere else, which wont let me download.

I've tried BZScrap too, nothing.

Mr X

Quote from: hybirdisdf on April 15, 2009, 05:00:18 PM
That is a good idea!

Yeah, then you could colour co-ordinate with teammates during a strat, rather than risk having colours that clash. :P
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

God forbid you wear bauge and your commander purple. GOD! Get the queer-eye ppl in here!

Click on the image...

Purplehaze

I didn't do anything but state that these do not seem to fully work for me :/
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

I was just about to tell you that I found it!

Purplehaze

Is there some way to fix some craft not getting the enhancement?

wasd

AHadley

As soon as I work my way around the interfact of the converter, I'll get on it. It should be fixed once all the images are converted to DXTs.

Since the game loads DXTs with priority over Targa and PIC files, so the ones in the patch13.pak show instead of the images included in the update, with a few exceptions. Addon folders are loaded with priority over PAK files, so dropping DXTs in there will allow them to read over the originals.

EDIT: Updated, textures should work. Uploading to Medafire, I'll go test while I wait.

EDIT 2: Texture fix seems to work at first, Sabre looks good, as do Rattlers. Recycler textures don't work, nor to Scavengers. Hold on, I'll write a list.

WORKING:
Rattler
Thunderbolt
Handyman
Constructor
Jackal
Avenger
Sabre

NOT WORKING:
Recycler (Undeployed and deployed)
Scavenger
Extractor
All buildings (Exception Bomber Bay? Not sure, the 'Sea Fog' had swept in by this point)
Service Truck
Griffin
Bulldog
Atilla
APC
Bomber

Conversion complete. Download here.

Purplehaze

Good news, I had my hopes up at first and then i was let down because Thunderbolts and other vehicles wern't working

EDIT: I am glad to see that they are working, but i think im going to do some work and figure out which ones work and which ones do and mixing the two versions

EDIT[2]: I proceded to test after installing to #bzroot\addons, and i found that less enhancements work for me than ever, now after installing i have lost the recycler.. Now only the Scavanger and Sabre work :/

wasd

Purplehaze

I have made an impotant discovery, In order for this enhancement to work, Bumpmaps must be toggled, In which state i do not know as i mess with it frequently, I will test and see shortly and I shall report back, Either way the point is that you must have your Bumpmaps toggled to one of the 2 binary.

Thank you for the enhancement, and i am glad i have newkeys :)

EDIT: I am reciving strange behavior, when I toggle Bumpmaps Off, The enhancement works, but in some cases it works both ways, I belive that my clashed files might be the wrong idea, Ima test em with AHadley's version. and see what comes up

EDIT[2]: Hmm When I tested strictly Ahadleys conversion I have problems with the Sabres and the Scavangers, but when I installed both Sepreate as nomally installed All was well

FINAL REVIEW: The best bet to get this enahncement to fully work is to Install both the origional, and the conversion seperatly as inteded indvidually, and have bumpmaps on/off depending on wheather it works or not, another tip that i have found is be sure before you start the game to turn the bumpmaps OFF and then turn it on, so thatway your ships are red and not just a pink. Either way, I belive that as a close install both not messing with the internal files, start the game with bumpmaps off and you should have yourself one working Teamcolor Enhancement

Now, Unless something big comes up, Im done with this mod, and im just gonna enjoy it, To anyone who is having problems, ask me and be SURE that you read EVERYTHING here with great intent.
It's acutally hard to mess this up

ALL OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS IS NOT BASED OFF OF MY BUMPMAPS ON/OFF THEORY I HAD NO KNOWLAGE OF THIS THEROY UNTIL THIS POST

wasd

AHadley

Turning Bumpmapping OFF and P3 ON will have the same effect on the red/pink issue as having Bumpmapping ON. This may be a better fix since Bumpmapping occasionally makes units show through as pure white (or in the case of the teamcolours, pure pink)

EDIT: Using Purplehaze's fix, I can now tell you what's working.

WORKING:
All vehicles (with the exception of the APC and Bomber)
Extractor

NOT WORKING:
All buildings (with the exception of the Exctractor)
APC
Bomber
Unit cockpits
Vehicle treads
Pilot

It should be noted that the only difference Bumpmapping and P3 make is the shade of blue used on the vehicles. What does/doesn't work is unchanged.

ZA, how did you make the original fix? I may be able to use the same method on the bits that don't work.

Purplehaze

So wait, if you turn P3 on and you have bumpmaping off then you will still see red instead of pink?
I didn't test that yet

As for AHadley's report i belive that you are wrong Hadley. When you install both of the versions as normal everything works for me, Before the game you must turn Bumpmaps off.

EDIT: I belive that his should be sitcky'd with the off topic posts removed now that this has not been fully sorted out, but for a most part

wasd

AHadley

Bumpmapping should be off anyway, they tend to cause graphics problems on most PCs.

I think we should make sure it works completely and properly first, for units and buildings too, then maybe make it a sticky.