• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Teamcolor Enhancement for 1.3

Started by Zero Angel, June 16, 2008, 12:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purplehaze

I agree. I guess i was too quick to jump, We do need to work out everything and make sure it works, the only problem is that everything aready works for me :/
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

AHadley

What, buildings too? And unit treads and pilots and things?

Hold on, where's my list of stuff that doesn't work...?

Cockpits
Vehicle treads
Pilots
Buildings
Units (when being built)
APC
Bomber

Purplehaze

aww.. you busted my bubble

Yeah, Now that i remember only my recy works, and vehcile treds are not right color (I didn't know this could be fixed) 3d cockpit works good for me, Pilots (??? didn't know they were fixable)

Apc (idk i didn't build it)

Bomber (didn't build it)

wasd

AHadley

We'd better get working on getting them fixed then.

So, how did you do it, ZA?

Purplehaze

Well, Im not sure what has happened here but I think it's just me, P3 did not work for me, To be honest it was oppisite. . .

here are screnshots of me messing around with two settings

PIII opitmazation (P3)

Bumpmaping

You can also see the recycler working, but the rest of the buildings do not, Or maybe the ramp was always the normal color, I though not, Undelployed, the recy is Enhanced.
EDIT: I Finally Got them

As you can see, The enhancement works, but in order for non pinkish red color, supposedly you have to have PIII on, Well i have it off and it works better

The Enhancement works.

well. some of it.

wasd

AHadley

Purplehaze

Indeed, Maybe there is just something with my computer, Ima stick to what version i have, make a backup and then help you guys out
Maybe it'll get better :/

I belive the imput of others will help more, If you guys can at least give feedback, It'd be nice. Even if you don't have it installed and still have an idea.

EDIT:  So. . . What does need to be done¿

wasd

Zero Angel

Thank you for doing this for me.  :-)

I'm not sure that I fixed ALL of the textures, just the most noticable ones.

As far as creating the textures go, I just took the stock textures (the: iv*00.pic) and edited them in photoshop. I think I used the following method:

1) Used one of the smart erase tools to erase the orange colored parts of the texture (FGColor: Grey, BGColor: Orange -> 'protect foreground' on)
2) Did a manual erasing/cleanup of the parts that the smart tools didnt catch
3) Saved as a 32-bit (with transparancies) PIC file using photoshop's PIC plugin.

Now that I think about it, It wouldve been a better idea to erase using masks (so I could later unerase and otherwise perform a better cleanup of the edges between the transparant and opaque areas) but its no big deal.

With that done, I renamed the image files from iv*00.pic to iv*a0.pic (so they would act as the 'glow skins' overlay -- which is the same principle that the scion warrior and other units use for the yellow parts on their craft) and just put them into the addon folder.

If you want to see which textures are used, try opening them in XnView
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Zero Angel

I took a look at your four images.

It's somewhat of a well known fact that PIII optimization messes with the unit coloring, causing red to become pink. In the pictures you posted it seems that the thing that stops PIII optimization from turning things pink is enabling EMBM. So I can speculate that maybe EMBM cancels or disables PIII optimization.

The thing is that PIII should be turned off anyways unless you have a PIII. Otherwise its a fairly useless setting unless you're a girl or you otherwise like pink.  :-)
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Zero Angel

Keep in mind that you won't be able to do the glowskin overlay thing if your original textures do not use the *00.pic naming format. So a file named tread.pic would not be able to be fixed using this method. As far as I know. Though tread00.pic would be a simple matter of renaming the file to treada0.pic and then running BZ2DXT on it.
{bac}Zero Angel

AHadley

Pity about the treads not working, and I'll see if I can do the replacements in FireworksMX04 or GIMP or something. It'd be nice if we could get it all working.

Nielk1

I am not POSITIVE, but anyone try "trea0.pic"? I bet it doesn't work, just wondering.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Is there a Smart Erase tool I can use for GIMP without spending a hell of a lot on Photoshop?

Zero Angel

Well you dont HAVE to spend a lot on photoshop.

As well:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/art-imaging-linux/48035-gimp-color-eraser.html

It its a little bit kludgy and time consuming but it works. If you've already mastered the 'select' tools (add, subtract, new, etc) then this shouldnt be a huge problem. It will just take several minutes.
{bac}Zero Angel

Purplehaze

Eh. You guys let me know when you get done with this, Picture editing is not my thing, Ill help you anyway else i can

wasd