• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Teamcolor Enhancement for 1.3

Started by Zero Angel, June 16, 2008, 12:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

You should not need both formats

Nielk1

EXACTLY!
But I do...

Or actually, i need some in BZ2DXT and some in PIC, but not the same ones, but testing each and every one would drive me MAD!

Click on the image...

Commando

Even in TA5?  If so, mantis it.

TheJamsh

the enhancement shouldn't be needed for TA5 anyhow should it?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

mrtwosheds

If its done carefully the a0 textures can still greatly enhance the look of skins in TA5.
You need a good graphics program to do it though.

AHadley

GIMP isn't quite up to the task... maybe somebody with photoshop should get on it.

TheJamsh

surely you mean the c0 textures?

a0 are glowskins arnt they? only a few models have them.

AHadley

The texture patch used glowskins of the grey areas of stock textures to prevent them being coloured over in MP.

Purplehaze

Yeah, This still works in TA5 and makes em look even better.
Hey you, Yeah you, In that window, hop outta there.

wasd

TheJamsh

AHadley is fixing them up a bit for TA5 i believe.

Does BZ2 just apply the colour to any region that isnt totally black? Or do these ones work on transparency?

AHadley

BZ2 works colourskins like this, I beleive.

Each of the following are loaded in sequence, top one first.

*c0 skin                       (Colour skin, in the case of the ISDF this is a white skin rather than
                                   orange.)
Blue layer                     (This is the colour)

*a0 skin                       (Glow skin. Anything in this layer shows over both previous skins.

Commando

Is this being worked on still by anyone?  It would be nice if the buildings could have the same enhancements as the ISDF ships got.

The ISDF ships look nice with the new team skins, it would be nice if Scions could get a similar update since ISDF ships and Scion ships using the same team color are slightly different.

AHadley

Yeah, I'm still working on it. I'm having texture problems though, is it possible to trigger team colours in IA?

GSH

Yeah, I'm still working on it. I'm having texture problems though, is it possible to trigger team colours in IA?

You'd have to edit the DLL, as the DLL turns those on/off. You can't use the stock function(s) to turn on teamcolors, as those are built for MP. In MP, teams 1-5 get one color, 6-10 get a second color. In IA, the AI is on team 5. It shouldn't be that hard, especially with TA5, to read in the color from team 6 and copy it to team 5.

-- GSH

AHadley

I have no way of editing DLLs and I don't really want to learn languages right now... I thought there was a console command for it?