• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Teamcolor Enhancement for 1.3

Started by Zero Angel, June 16, 2008, 12:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Quote from: Commando on April 26, 2009, 10:25:40 AM
Is this being worked on still by anyone?  It would be nice if the buildings could have the same enhancements as the ISDF ships got.

The ISDF ships look nice with the new team skins, it would be nice if Scions could get a similar update since ISDF ships and Scion ships using the same team color are slightly different.

I have enhanced buildings and even did a c0 skin for the interceptor, but I am having lots of issues with BZ2 using them. BZ2 randomly uses the PIC, the BZ2DXT, or decides to use neither! It is different every game.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I'm getting some odd things like that. I've checked all the textures under data.pak\objects\isdf\buildings have no orange on them, and ive got PICs and DXTs, it still doesn't use either. I've got the same problem with the cockpit skin too.

Commando

Nielk1, I posted your issue on mantis, you will have to post your comment with as much detail and assets as possible.

TheJamsh

AHadley is continuing work on this. So long as Zero Angel is ok with it he said he wants to put in in with the un-official add-on pack as well which is nice.

Any chance of doing building textures as well AHadley :)? A Similar update for the scions would also be cool but im not sure how we would work that, seeing as they have glowskins already, it would mean changing all the scion multiplayer assets wouldn't it?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

No, shouldn't do, would just mean remaking the glowskins. Shouldn't be too hard.

I think the Scions would look cool if the yellow parts AND the light blue ones were kept in place, leaving the darker blues only to change colour. That would be interesting, if it worked.

I am working on buildings too, but I'm trying to get the vehicles completely sorted first. And for some reason, nothing will fix the cockpit.

Nielk1

I should let you know I've had nearly every texture done for a while now...
Since I started talking abut my issues...

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

lol.... typical N1 always one step ahead of everyone :P

AHadley

Thanks for mentioning it to the rest of us earlier(!):P

Any chance of sending them to me and saving me the bother or recreating them all?

Nielk1

As soon as I figure out how to stop the current issue. Otherwise you will end up pulling all your hair out.

Click on the image...

AHadley

If you mean your pc picking random textures, could i have a look? I think it might be computer specific...

Zero Angel

These files are released under an open-source style licence. Which means that anyone can modify, fork, and re-release the textures any way they see fit. Nobody needs my permission to do anything.

QuoteIf you mean your pc picking random textures, could i have a look? I think it might be computer specific...
That sounds like what would happen if duplicate assets were placed in a similarly prioritized directory.

Also it might be worth finding out if BZ2DXT files are generated and cached somehow. If that's the case then one might want to try clearing such a cache and seeing if that solves the problem.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

some models now have .dxtbz2 textures specified in the XSI. Maybe thats whats causing it?

for some reason, any models that were changed during the patch dev. were told to point directly to .dxtbz2 files, rather than the .pic files they used to point too... no idea why.

Nielk1

Quote from: Zero Angel on April 30, 2009, 03:32:04 AM
That sounds like what would happen if duplicate assets were placed in a similarly prioritized directory.

You would think but sometimes it doesn't work at all (more often) when both are not there and BZ2DXT it SUPPOSED to be prioritized in call cases.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

If you ask me its because of models textures. on my end its NOT random, the same models use dxt / pic each time. My bet is, BZ2 looking at the textures specified in the MODEL. some now use bz2dxt textures (specified in the model), rather than .pic. The rattler for example.

Ive been trying for ages to make these damn textures only to sign in and find nielk1 has done it. Could you post the .pic's Nielk1? For some reason my photoshop wont save with transparency.

AHadley

Yes please, that would mean I can get to work on the rest of the textures without worrying about the ISDF.

Could you include the Interceptor's files too, please?