• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Height limited effects.

Started by Steeveeo, June 23, 2008, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

I saw a new feature in the modlog about vehicles having height based effects (very handy for dust trails I must say!).

Sadly though, I only saw it for vehicle effects...

Is there any way this can be edited to be used in Explosion class odfs too? If it can be done (without prolonging that much needed emergency patch by weeks on end), it would provide modders with a long-dreamed-about and very useful feature of having different explosions depending on height (ie, a mushroom-cloudlike effect will only render if the vehicle explodes near the ground; and if it dies in the air it will make a ball of smoke and flame).

Also, if this already IS in the explosion ODF commands and I just missed it, can someone tell me if it uses a different command or where they go?

Thanks to all on the PB4 team for bringing BZ2 to what it is!

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.