• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Commando 1.2 Variant Suggestions

Started by Commando, August 04, 2008, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

Post what you think should be changed or tweaked for the 1.2 variant.

ZA already suggested decreasing the buildTime for pods from 5 seconds to 4.

If there are any more suggestions, post them here.

If they don't make it in public beta 4a, I can release the update separately or I can make a new unofficial 1.2 variant for the time being to prevent bad assets.

What I have so far is

* Reduce build time for Service pods from 5 seconds (Default) to 4 seconds
* Make bomber team-transferable
* Reduce the cost of upgraded empties to 30
* Change ai aiming behavior to use 1.3's aiming code since 1.2's is horribly broken

Zero Angel

Great stuff. I've posted a similar topic on bz2maps, which will probably get more replies to this since thats where most of the 1.2 players hang out.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

ZA, I made the change locally and will upload the change when 4a comes out.

Commando

Should I kill the 1.2 aim code used in the 1.2 variant?  From what I've heard and seen, the code doesn't work nearly as well as expected.  Nowhere close to the behavior of 1.2.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Zero Angel on August 04, 2008, 01:10:48 PM
Great stuff. I've posted a similar topic on bz2maps, which will probably get more replies to this since thats where most of the 1.2 players hang out.

And of course, Ego Squished it into that one big thread ...

*****General BlackDragon*****

Zero Angel

Quote from: Commando on August 04, 2008, 01:14:12 PM
Should I kill the 1.2 aim code used in the 1.2 variant?  From what I've heard and seen, the code doesn't work nearly as well as expected.  Nowhere close to the behavior of 1.2.
Are you talking about TLI, GT/Rat aiming, or AI unit aiming?
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Commando

AI unit aiming ZA.  Go against a Scion gun spire and you will see what I mean.

mrtwosheds

Speed the turrets up, their too easy to snipe.

Feared_1

There's something in the description for the 1.2 variant that says that Bombers are non-transferable. Is this really the case? If so, that should be changed.

Also, is there any way to make Turrets aim better? When they turn around to attack an enemy, their turret wobbles back and forth for the first few seconds making them horribly ineffective when multiple fast ships attack at once.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound picky :)

Zero Angel

Ahhh! The spire aiming code. I remember encountering this in one game! I agree with Feared, its probably better just to use the stock 1.3 aiming settings rather than the 'crazy spire' settings you had in PB4.

EDIT: PB4a was just released a few minutes ago. So it will be great to have in PB5. The fixes you already applied to the '1.2' rec is good enough for now.  :-)
{bac}Zero Angel

Feared_1

Quote from: Commando on August 04, 2008, 12:57:37 PM
If they don't make it in public beta 4a, I can release the update separately or I can make a new unofficial 1.2 variant for the time being to prevent bad assets.

That sounds like a good idea if more suggestions come around...

Some 1.2 vets aren't against 1.3, and actually enjoy playing it. It would be nice to get their opinions too.

GENERAL MANSON*

Would it be possible to give the scouts more lift so they can try to fly or stay in air longer?

Zero Angel

I posted a poll on BZ2Maps, asking what upgraded empties should cost. The results are:

5 think it should cost 25 scrap
1 thinks it should cost 30 scrap
2 think it should cost 35 scrap
1 thinks it should cost 40 scrap

As a compromise, I would suggest that upgraded empties be made to cost 30 scrap.

Additionally, the bomber should be Team Transferrable, as thats how it is in 1.2.
{bac}Zero Angel

Commando

Did I not fix the transferable issue in 4a?

Zero Angel

Quote from: Commando on August 06, 2008, 04:12:38 PM
Did I not fix the transferable issue in 4a?

Dont know, havent really been able to test the Commando rec in PB4a, but I assume so now.
{bac}Zero Angel