• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Commando 1.2 Variant Suggestions

Started by Commando, August 04, 2008, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

The 1.2 bomber odf in pb4a.

[GameObjectClass]
classLabel = "ivbomb"

Mass = 1500 // If <= 0, uses default of Sphere(Width*Height*Breadth) * 800.0

provideCount = 3
provideName2 = "ivbomb12"
provideName3 = "flier"

[CraftClass]
TeamTransferrable = true

[HoverCraftClass]

[BomberClass]
flightAltitude = 75.0   // Was 85 for 1.3

TargetEngageRange = 0 // radius around target it'll route thru.  Was 50 in 1.3

Zero Angel

Ahh, it uses the stock daywrecker I see. Can you give this a slightly faster daywrecker and/or better armoured daywrecker to compensate for how much it's been slowed down in 1.3? As is, a single minigun scout can kill the bomb easily and this can be a problem, especially when you consider that during late-game when the bomber comes into use, enemy players are almost certainly equipped with more advanced weaponry (like chainguns, laser, and blast)

Also, what is this "Mass" variable, and how does it affect the 1.2 variant bomber?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

bigbadbogie

I used to easily shoot down the bomb in 1.2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

i like the idea of being able to take it out...

saves you getting decimated by bombers repeatedly... so long as you have some good aiming skill...

could you not change the fallspeed of the daywrecker?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 09, 2008, 04:59:08 PM
could you not change the fallspeed of the daywrecker?
You most certainly can.

[PowerUpClass]
SlowFall = false
FallSpeed = 15

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Feared_1

Does the 1.3 bomb do more damage than the 1.2 bomb?

I know I can "feel" the explosion in 1.3 more than in 1.2. It has more kick.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 09, 2008, 09:16:12 PM

Heh, thats nothing, try the SRV bomb ;)

Commando

the issue with the bomb is the acceleration.  Ken changed the acceleration during pb4 development.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Feared_1 on August 09, 2008, 09:16:12 PM

If you want to feel an explosion go blowup an upgraded power generator called 'Adv. Power', thats in the greenheart recycler variant (pb4a).  Just be thankful i didn't make a simple tweak to knock out base power for awhile which was possible.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Zero Angel

The bomb doesnt seem to do any more damage. I know for a fact that it cant destroy a forge or overseer, only take them down to <10% health and destroy their lungs.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Feared_1

I just played a game using this variant.

The Gun Towers are really, really easy to wobble, probably because of the 1.2 aiming code? Also, when I fought it, the shots did not alternate. Alternating shots would be harder to wobble.

I just went into the editor and placed stock 1.3 gun towers and found them also very easy to wobble. I move in one direction, they fire a shot, I move in another direction, they fire another shot. I was able to wobble 3 at once without getting hit at all (except for splash damage). Is there any way to make it a little more difficult to do that?

mrtwosheds

QuoteWould it be possible to give the scouts more lift so they can try to fly or stay in air longer?
Make a custom map, gravity can now be altered, this will of course give everything more lift if you reduce it.

Commando

Feared, unfortunately shot alternate is disabled automatically when multiworld is enabled.

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: mrtwosheds on August 11, 2008, 05:07:31 AM
Make a custom map, gravity can now be altered, this will of course give everything more lift if you reduce it.

How do i do that?

Steeveeo