• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Commando 1.2 Variant Suggestions

Started by Commando, August 04, 2008, 12:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feared_1

Quote from: Commando on August 11, 2008, 10:16:37 AM
Feared, unfortunately shot alternate is disabled automatically when multiworld is enabled.

A custom Plasma cannon that does half the damage but shoots twice as fast?

Zero Angel

The ordnance type on the GT could also be made into a pulse shell type ordnance which emits damage when it passes by light and medium armoured craft.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

I'm in the process of creating a huge odf patch for pb4a that will address some of the issues seen in pb4a.  Mainly affecting dm ships and 1.2 variants using improper values.

I'm also adding the 4 second service pod to the 1.2 variant for ZA.

Commando

A highlight of the changes.

* ServicePod now only takes 4 seconds to build for the 1.2 variant
* 1.2 Aiming removed from all 1.2 units and gun towers
* Some bugs fixed regarding some scion deathmatch variants
* New odfs for modders to use when making AIPs.  Requested by Red Devil.
* Corrected the 1.2 Empty Scout bug in the player's starting vehicle list
* Corrected some 1.2 scout variants not using 1.2 physics

Anything else anyone want?  I'm still in the process of updating the 1.3 addon objects, but will upload the current version for people to play with.

Commando

http://www.bzuniverse.com/~betadudes/unprotected/Pb4a_ODF_Patch_pb1.7z

There is the link.  This is just pb1 of the patch I have been working on over the past two days.  I still have a lot more files to tweak before I finish up.  If you run into any issues, post them here.

Commando

Anyone actually try out the fix yet?

Zero Angel

My main PC is down at the moment, but when I get it up and running, i'll test your fix out.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Red Devil

I just saw this.  I'll give it a whirl when I get back from town.
What box???

mrtwosheds

QuoteThe ordnance type on the GT could also be made into a pulse shell type ordnance which emits damage when it passes by light and medium armoured craft.
Do you like being killed by your own gun towers?

Red Devil

I'm going to try to incorporate these into the Uler AIP's, although I'm already using "bombbay" and "guntower" and airunit".  Sure would be nice if the names were shorter though, to save on typing.  I can cut and paste, I reckon.
What box???

Red Devil

Commando, you might want to restructure this so that it installs into a searched custom root folder that overrides stock assets because, if someone installs this, they won't be able to play stock due to getting duplicate files and bad assets and the only way to fix that is to delete each asset one by one or to reinstall PB4a after renaming addon.
What box???

TheJamsh

QuoteIf you want to feel an explosion go blowup an upgraded power generator called 'Adv. Power', thats in the greenheart recycler variant (pb4a).  Just be thankful i didn't make a simple tweak to knock out base power for awhile which was possible.

how is that possible? i read somewhere that the lockdown weapon had a re-vamp to enable it to lock down power if it hit a building and prevent it from working, which i REALLY like. itd be nice if they could shut down weapons on craft also...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

I made the explosion for that.

It does a few things:

1: Knocks out Radar within 200m for 30 seconds - Jammer, simple eh?
2: Slows down/locks up ships within 150m for 20 seconds - If one hits you, your slowed/stuck for 20 seconds.
3: Locks down weapons/buildings within 150m for 10 seconds - Lockdown jams weapons, prevents sbay from working, and keeps you from building from rec/fact/armo, keeps gt's from firing, etc.
4: causes a pretty bang.

Me and GH thought about making it also spawn a negative power building, so that when one goes, your power goes negative for bout 30 seconds?

:-D but i'm not THAT evil ...

Also, for the record, as far as I know, that is the first true EMP explosion in BZ2, and I'm the one who found a way to make it work effectively :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

and how on earth does it spawn stuff on the way out? surely thats .dll control right..

unless you used scrap class... hmmm

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****