• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II 1.3pb4a released

Started by GSH, August 04, 2008, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

See http://www.visi.com/~nathan/bz2/bz2_13.html for download info.

Mirror 1: FilePlanet

The major improvements of pb4, compared to 1.3pb3 are:
- More features, including weapon linking, thumpers, and variable gravity DM maps
- Increased Windows Vista compatability, audio works in WINE
- Many more modder features, such as 60-char ODF names, inheritance, tons of new tuning values, etc
- Performance optimizations
- Fewer resyncs, units (human & AI) should warp less online
- Ability to replace CD music w/ OGG files
- More crash fixes
- Easier to host games w/ automatic UPNP, Windows Firewall support(*)

*: requires router w/ UPNP support, and Windows Firewall as your primary firewall; other firewall software/hardware will still need some manual attention

Note: pb4a now requires a CPU with Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) support, which helps give a framerate boost.

Note: There are a number of mods updated for pb4 or developed specifically for pb4. I've asked those modders to hold off on releasing them for 1 week so that people can enjoy all of the new items that pb4 has to offer. There's a ton of new options, recycler variants and new maps available out of the box.

Thanks to Ken Miller for his continued attention to BZ2, the loving support of my wife, all of the beta testers, and the BZ2 community for their continued interest in this game.

-- GSH

Steeveeo

Woo! Only a week until a ton of mods are released! Well...hopefully :P

Also, FP! ^_^

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

bigbadbogie

You didn't ask me to wait a week. (*feels left out and goes and cries in corner*)
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 04, 2008, 07:49:49 PM
You didn't ask me to wait a week. (*feels left out and goes and cries in corner*)
Um...he just did...

Might have been phrased in the past tense (probably typo), but I got his meaning.

Nielk1

Is that another week, or is that from the original pb4 post.

Click on the image...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Nielk1 on August 04, 2008, 07:51:09 PM
Is that another week, or is that from the original pb4 post.
Im guessing another week. It would be sensible anyway.

bigbadbogie

Well too bad.  :-P QF comes out in 2 days.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Hrrm, I dont know if this is because my end is glitched or what, but the installer refuses to install to my PB4 directory.

EDIT: Oh DUH! I forgot to close out my modding windows, so it couldnt rename the Addon folder...false alarm!

Nielk1

I installed it on 1.01b2 (Clean Install)

Click on the image...

CmptrWz

For the record, there is a copy at BZScrap now too.

GSH

Thanks, CW. I've got plenty of bandwidth at visi, so feel free to download it from whereever you want.

-- GSH

GENERAL MANSON*

Awesome. Cant play it until i do a few things and replace a couple of things for my pc if i ever have the time.

Warfreak

-_-.... I came out in my sleep :(.... At least my build says PB4a, so all is good.

Also, for all those who ever wanted your ships to only shoot when they cant hit you, look at the changes under "PB4_a5 Released" in the changelog for a treat.  :-D

darkwarrior

Found 2 things wrong the first 1 I am not quite sure.

1. I cant see all the servers anymore, like in pb4. Tried poweruser I still cant. There were like 20 in pb4 with all the dedicated servers. Now theres like 4 servers.

Just want people to be able to see my server and for me to see theres. I did join someone's server tho. Just want to know if no servers are hidden.

2. When pressing the windows key to minimize the game. To quickly check something. In about 1 minute it automaticly kicks your from a server saying player ressed alt key or something liek that.