• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II 1.3pb4a released

Started by GSH, August 04, 2008, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Quote from: darkwarrior on August 05, 2008, 12:00:19 PM
1. I cant see all the servers anymore, like in pb4. Tried poweruser I still cant. There were like 20 in pb4 with all the dedicated servers. Now theres like 4 servers.

Just want people to be able to see my server and for me to see theres. I did join someone's server tho. Just want to know if no servers are hidden.

Just as you dont run a "No Map" Server, you'll be okay. The reason there were 20 servers is because they were all Ad servers spamming up the Gamespy listing, so GSH added in some code to hide all of them with "No Map".

Quote from: darkwarrior on August 05, 2008, 12:00:19 PM
2. When pressing the windows key to minimize the game. To quickly check something. In about 1 minute it automaticly kicks your from a server saying player ressed alt key or something liek that.

This new feature I do not like, sometimes people message me on XFire while Im in game and sometimes its urgent, I dont wanna alt-tab to help someone then come back to find out I was kicked for doing so...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Nielk1

I don't remember that, how long do you have to be alt-tabbed for? Really only 1 second can cause rather large game issues.

Click on the image...

Commando

By default, it kicks you after 30 seconds.

Well, I can answer the second item.  Alt-tabbing in the middle of an MP game is considered an exploit to generate artificial lag.

So don't do that...

:)

As to Mods the third beta of the BZC MP DLL is in testing/development right now.  I have no definite release date but things are working pretty well for the most part.  A few issues to resolve, and some free time on my part, could mean a release next weekend.  Depends a lot on my rabid quality control guy...

:)

-Av-

General BlackDragon

Lives is coming along fairly good, so far. Just needs a few tweaks and steers in right direction.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

About mods:
The way MRVP is structured, I can release it now and then release a 2nd pack to add the ones still on the drawing board. So I will release when ppl want it. I will need AIPs made so I can have the AI act like they use the recs, but those AIPs have to be written to handle an opponent using any of the possible recs. They aren't needed, I can just release the recs w/o AIPs.

Click on the image...

Killer AK

When trying to view what units someone has in mpi query that shows up blinks and is hard to read.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Killer AK on August 05, 2008, 03:30:41 PM
When trying to view what units someone has in mpi query that shows up blinks and is hard to read.
MWF issue, that has been here since, I think, PB1

EDIT: Also:

Quote from: GSH on August 04, 2008, 06:30:28 PM

Note: pb4a now requires a CPU with Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE) support, which helps give a framerate boost.

And that it does! My framerates went up from 120-160 to a full 250 FPS!

Steeveeo

Mopar

Hi Guys,

I was running 1.3pb4 and the -aiplogging command line switch stopped working, No aip log file.....
          I hoped it would be fixed in 1.4a but alas, my aiplogging command doesn't seem to do anything.....

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.....

GSH

Try turning it on in localprefs.ini

-- GSH

shane ward

Yep finally got the time to try PB4  and....... it does not work.(as I thought it might not). I get this error : - BZONE.EXE file is linked to missing export KERNEL32.DLL:GlobalMemorystatus.EX

Sorry.....
Damn!

I think it should work in XP, I 'll have to shutdown my computer and boot it, and close networks, but I only do that when I really need to...

anyway, any Idears on this error?
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Commando

Yes Mopar, /aiplogging no longer works.  Now you have to add the following to your addon\config\localprefs.ini file

aipLogging = true

Mopar

Thanks for the prompt reply GSH & Commando, I will test with localprefs.ini addition soon......

Also getting weird graphics issue after 5mins or more of gameplay where the predominant sky colour changes most onscreen colours to that of the sky colour unless I set sky detail & lights to none in graphics options ( via GUI )..

This also happens in 1.3pb4 as a well as the new 1.3pb4a but wasn't an issue in 1.3 prior to pb4, I hope this helps with harrowing down the problem guys.....

Is there a new version of the DLLScripter available yet ???

Commando

try the /nodxt commandline option.  Add it to your bz2 shortcut.