• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Battlezone II 1.3pb4a released

Started by GSH, August 04, 2008, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar

Allready using /nodxt but whenever I enable sky detail to anything other than none the same graphics weirdness happens.....

Centerline

The sky issue is an Nvidia thing.  Anyone with an 8xxx + video card and any relatively recent driver has this problem.  Have to run with no sky.

Centerline...

Nielk1

I never updated my drivers, and although I have some anoying glitches in places, it works in BZ2.

Click on the image...

Commando

Yeah Mopar.  Unfortunately Nvidia sucks.  I have a 9800 GTX and have the same issue.

Killer AK

Okay i did my indepth testing, lol and i've found that this has to be the fairest Public Beta released yet for a matching version of scions & isdf. I don't know if im allowed to compliment here ;) BUT PB4a ROCKS!!!

-The only thing i think a change would be in order is that lancers stinger missles seem weaker in pb4a from pb3. I don't know if that is my observation but if you guys did change it i think the stinger missle from pb3 should be the same in pb4. (You guys probably didn't change it though)

-Warriors and Sentries seem better than ever! I get annoyed when my scouts try using static or blink though in the middle of a fight. So i have to mod. :(

Problems:

-->ACTUALLY THE SENTRIES (Ion gun:reluctance to fire) PROBLEMS SEEM TO BE FIXED!!! Which is a huge relief thanks guys! However when the sentries are trying to approach a target in a diaganal angle it seems they are sluggish and slow and doesn't fire well.

-->Noticed that im having issues with units suddenly driving away from the base and going hunting with out being commanded to do anything. Example is that i was in my scion scout when i got in a warrior. The pilot of my warrior got in the scout and started driving to the nearest isdf on his own will. However i had other units do this too.

-->Secondly sometimes my units won't follow me, won't go to a nav, won't move when a enemy unit is close. They are fixed on attacking even though they were not ordered and I can't break them of thier will. Ussually they end up getting destroyed

-->Sometimes well the wingmen i have just leave when ordered to follow me and attack or take the farthest route to get to me which ussually leads to thier suicide.

-->Had the same sound issues like feared 1 mentioned earlier where the ship sounds like it's falling and falling. Only way i can get that sound off my speakers is to eject or get the ship destroyed somehow.

-->Would recommend disableing resin on the scion's mortar cause well even on a network it's barely able to handle the lag resin causes in a bunch of archers.

-->I miss the Gorgon in MPI :( Can he be a little faster cause i like to have him as a wingman but he's sooooo slow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyways, thanks for this great patch! It's kicks butt!

Red Devil

I just checked the Stinger missiles and they have the same damage.  Just some waver added and the coneAngle increased a tad to compensate a bit for the waver.
What box???

Killer AK

Yeah i've been noticing that the lancers have been missing thier targets alot.
Probably due to the waiver cause sometimes the the stingers hit the ground early in morphed mode.

Red Devil

Ah, Swarm Launcher in morphed mode.  Those haven't been touched.  I just aim a little high with those when shooting at Extractors.  Seems they have a very low com point or something, which is very evident when ST's heal them.
What box???

Commando

RD, healers don't use the hp_Com point.  They use the center of the model I beleive.

If they used the hp_com point, the service trucks would heal the bomber bay, the cervice bay, and the training facility correctly, which they do not.

Zero Angel

What's up with the FAF missiles now? I noticed that they'll turn towards the biggest heat source now including those that are out of their range.

If for example, if i'm aiming at a turret and there just happens to be an extractor 200m away, my FAFs will now turn towards the extractor, completely wasting them. I'd suggest that if the old school FAF/thermalmissile behavior cannot be restored then they should have an ODF entry that changes their look ahead to 75m away from their current position.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

I had that suspicion too ZA.  It would be best if FAFs ignored all heat signatures that are out of their range.

BZSubmaximal

Err..only thing thus far..hitting F8 key minimizes the game(ala alt/tab)

Model animations is custom screens for both Rec and factory, the mpodels are barely visable..just broken lines with a barely discernable shape.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Zero Angel on August 11, 2008, 05:02:06 PM
What's up with the FAF missiles now? I noticed that they'll turn towards the biggest heat source now including those that are out of their range.

If for example, if i'm aiming at a turret and there just happens to be an extractor 200m away, my FAFs will now turn towards the extractor, completely wasting them. I'd suggest that if the old school FAF/thermalmissile behavior cannot be restored then they should have an ODF entry that changes their look ahead to 75m away from their current position.
Seconded...err...actually thirded because of Commando...

I was firing at the front extractor in Dunes (AI had captured it), and the FAF missiles, instead of going on target, made a complete 180 degree verticle turn and flew toward my base instead...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Commando

BZSubmaximal, are you using EMBM Bump Mapping?  If so, that is most likely your problem.  If you are not, you may need to disable dxt textures by using the /nodxt commandline parameter.

Red Devil

Which language version are you using, BZSub?  What are your computer specs?
What box???