• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4a Bugs

Started by Zero Angel, August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Spawn, Greenheart, Feared_1 and I did some rounds of testing. And we found the following bugs in PB4a.

Lag and Drop Bug
In some matches (Strat and MPI), all clients will start out severely lagged -- and then be dropped sometime within the next 20 seconds. In other matches, most clients will severely lag and drop out in the middle of the game. This seems to happen sporadically and randomly.

DM Spawning Bug
This happens when sync join is turned on in a DM. All players will spawn in the exact same place. This happens almost every time.

Permanent Fog Bug
If a player goes underwater, their vision will inherit the water's fog for the rest of the game. This also happens when the anti-hover code causes the 1.2 variant scouts to drop just underneath the water.

ST: Death Island Pathing Bug
On my test, I experienced pathing issues when sending scavs, turrets, and constructors to the center island from the north. The units would, after a certain point in the game, want to walk all the way around to the other side of the island and cross from that bridge. Spawn claims that he hasnt experienced the problem. This needs further testing.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

darkwarrior

I cant host a server, tried verything forwared the right ports. I have no firewall.

I just get the UPnd cant start fowarding - goteverything = 0 firstsocket.

I dont see any player is looking for packets. I asked someone to join but no one cant get to it.

MY servers worked fine in the previous version of pb4

Red Devil

Try forwarding the Gamespy ports, 27900 and 28900.
What box???

Feared_1

I noticed this:

When you are in a Scion ship and you morph (in multiworld) to assault mode, whatever sound your ship was making will stick. Eats up a lot of sound channels. I entered game.multiworld into the console while I was in multiplayer to get rid of it temporarily.

Killer AK

i had the same problem as feared 1

Commando

Feared, does that affect all 1.3 ships or just the 1.2 style ships?

I remember in pb1, there was a similar issue.  If you were firing you guns, then you morphed while firing, the gun fire sound would stick.  I think this was fixed for pb2.

Axeminister

It's happened to me on the warriors you start out with a few times. Can't stop it unless you blow up the ship. Didn't recognize that it was from a morph, but very well could have been.  Happened to GM also.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Feared_1

1.2 AND 1.3 ships are affected.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Zero Angel on August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM
Lag and Drop Bug
In some matches (Strat and MPI), all clients will start out severely lagged -- and then be dropped sometime within the next 20 seconds. In other matches, most clients will severely lag and drop out in the middle of the game. This seems to happen sporadically and randomly.

One of the things i've mainly noticed while hosting a 3 player mpi is when the players start using mortars the lagout & drop bug occurs.  Just afew moments ago i played two 3 player mpi game back to back & none of the players used a single mortar so no one lagged & droped out.   Further testing is needed to be sure that having players not use mortars is preventing the lag & drop bug.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Red Devil

I said that to you guys when it first started happening in that MPI Circle session we had.

On a related note, the same thing happened yesterday when we were testing Death Ray, but it stopped when I hosted, so I'm not so sure it's the mortars, but more the server setup/connection.
What box???

TheJamsh

a sound issue seems to be occuring with saved maps in the PB4a editor.

i placed around 10 standard sentry on team 0 in the editor. i exited the editor in the standard tank you start in, and saved the map.

upon loading the map, the sentry vehicle sounds ahd changed to the same ones as the tank. after some messing around and toying, i realised that pre-placed objects like the sentry, seem to take the sounds from the last vehicle placed on the map and use them. this is going to be a big problem when people start modding in PB4.

especially if all vehicles start to sound the same.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

GreenHeart

Quote from: Red Devil on August 27, 2008, 10:38:47 AM
I said that to you guys when it first started happening in that MPI Circle session we had.

On a related note, the same thing happened yesterday when we were testing Death Ray, but it stopped when I hosted, so I'm not so sure it's the mortars, but more the server setup/connection.

Either way yesterday i hosted over 5 hours online & not a single client was lagged out. 
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Steeveeo

Odd vehicle render glitch, I put a draw_trail on a scout, but it doesnt show up until I save and reload via either the normal save or I save the map and restart it.

I have checked the entire render system, and the omnilight and the exhaust fumes work perfectly fine. I know it is not an overload of renders since I can comment out everything and it still doesnt show. Rewriting the effect line did nothing to fix it.

ivscout-mod.odf (only the render lines)

[GameObjectClass]
effectHard1 = "hp_emit"
effectName1 = "ivscout-mod.render"
effectHard2 = "hp_emit"
effectName2 = "ivscout-mod.exhaust"
//Added an hp_emit over the tail flames to get correctly placed effects, still doesnt work with HP_ROCKET_1

[Render]
simulateBase = "sim_null"
lifeTime = 9e9
renderBase = "draw_multi"
renderCount = 2
renderName1 = "ivscout-mod.trail"
renderName2 = "ivscout-mod.light"

[Trail]
renderBase = "draw_trail"
textureName = "trail2.tga"
textureBlend = "one one modulate"
textureRate = 0.1
startColor = "255 0 255 255"
finishColor = "0 0 255 0"
startRadius = 0.3
finishRadius = 1.5
segmentTime = 15.0

[Light]
simulateBase = "sim_null"
lifeTime = 0.1
renderBase = "draw_light"
startColor = "255 255 255 255"
finishColor = "255 255 255 255"
startRadius = 50.0
finishRadius = 50.0
animateTime = 0.1
attenuateConstant = 0.0
attenuateLinear = 1.0
attenuateQuadratic = 0.0

[Exhaust]
simulateBase = "sim_smoke"
renderBase = "draw_emit"
emitName = "ivscout-mod.heat"
emitDelay = 0.02
emitInherit = "0 0 -0.25"
emitVelocity = "1.0 1.0 -15.0"
emitVariance = "7 7 7" //"3.5 3.5 3.5"
emitLife = 0.3
maxdist = 50

[Heat]
simulateBase = "sim_smoke"
renderBase = "draw_twirl"
textureName = "water.tga"
textureBlend = "srcalpha invsrcalpha modulatealpha"
startColor = "64 96 64 16"
finishColor = "0 0 0 0"
startRadius = 0.5
finishRadius = 2
animateTime = 0.3
rotationrate = 50
emitDelay = 9e9
//emitVelocity = "1.0 1.0 -10.0"
//emitVariance = "3.5 3.5 3.5"
emitLife = 0.3
maxdist = 50

Note that adding a simulateBase to the trail effect didnt seem to help, works fine after a reload without it.

Also note that I had the same trail effect on the same vehicle in 1.3pb3 and it worked fine.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

Yeah... I have noticed that too.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

i found a good one.

die in a tracked vehicle while under water wth fog. the fog becomes stuck close (loot: plesantille shows this well)

*****General BlackDragon*****