• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4a Bugs

Started by Zero Angel, August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

2x NEW BUGS/FIXES

Mortar Bike AI seems to have suffered a hit... i now have to tell my mortar bikes to attack a target TWICE if i want them to do anything, or they will sit there and get shot at.

Next, just an ODF error methinks, the stock Scion Archer is now piloteable, it never was before though. it wouldnt be a bad thing, but flying it is no easy task as its axis are all over the place when you are flying.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 14, 2008, 07:33:26 AM
Next, just an ODF error methinks, the stock Scion Archer is now piloteable, it never was before though. it wouldnt be a bad thing, but flying it is no easy task as its axis are all over the place when you are flying.
The Scion archer was pilotable ever since 1.3 AFAIK.

The only thing I find frustrating about flying Archers is that its very clicky, likes to stick a lot while turning.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

ah okay. didnt know if it was done on purpose or not... it is kinda cool being able to do it.

back in the day when i first got BZII, i was like awwwwwww i wish i could fly that high! now i sorta wanna go back to original!

Steeveeo

SimulateSoundEffect Bug:

I was working on an anti-aircraft type missile (calling it Sidewinder for now), and heres how its supposed to work:

Missile fires forward at a slow pase, then 3 effects play at once as the missile accelerates:

- Launch Flame
- Launch Smoke
- Launch Sound

Thing is, the particles play fine, but the SimulateSoundEffect sound gets shot backward past the player, causing a very unrealistic effect. The SSE particle has no velocity, and no variance, and when the SSE particle itself is given some alpha, it is shown that it is not moving at all, but the sound is moving backward at a large clip.

For some reason, the SimulateSoundEffect sound has inherited a non-existant velocity, and has detached itself from the actual particle.

PB4 devteam can PM me for ODF set if you want to look at the setup.

O_L_I

Hi Guys,

I'm new here so sorry if I post at the wrong place.
I was in a retro mood lately so after playing through Ascendancy,  BZ2 was next.
I downloaded the latest pb4a patch, and the game is running fine but after a few mins weird artifacts start to appear. It's like textures and lines "don't know" where they should end and the whole thing starts to fall apart. It's like when you overclock your memory too much (but it is not overclocked at all).
I read most of the post here and also googled it but to no avail. Alternately if I turn off the sky quality mostly kills the issue, but I was wondering if there is another way around so I don't have to give up any of the eyecandy. The stuff: 9600GT (no oc) driver 177.83, XPSP3, X2 6000+, all the latest drivers for everything.

bigbadbogie

It is your driver. Newer drivers on all Nvidia 8000 and 9000 series cards have cut directx 6 support for some reason.

This has been noted by heaps of people and there are tonnes of other threads about it already.

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,7699.0.html <-- Check this.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

GreenHeart

Try different driver versions in order to fix the issue.  I'm currently using driver version 163.75 for 8800 gtx 768mb on WinXp Pro & i'm not having any issues unless i upgrade my drivers to a newer version.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Steeveeo

Still looking for a working one for my 8800GT, nothing I find works...

bigbadbogie

Try 6.14.11.6218.

Works with my 8800 GTS.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

TheJamsh

steeveeo, did you put the simulatesoundeffectunder simulatebase or renderbase in youre effect. i have one under simulate base and it works just fine... no inheritance of anything

Killer AK

I had a BFG card with 512MB's of Ram and i couldn't get bz2 to work way back in a day.
I had to buy a new video card because the BFG wasn't compatable.
Anyways is there any news about the BZBUG? Is  a new patch in progress?

TheJamsh

i think GSH has his hands tied down with his job atm, with post mecenaries 2 release and work on another game, but i think he may have a shot at fixing it later, who knows

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on October 18, 2008, 01:23:12 AM
Try 6.14.11.6218.

Works with my 8800 GTS.
And what release number is that...they dont list by that version number.

bigbadbogie

Dunno - how do I check?

My BZ2 mods:

Steeveeo

Btw, I noticed that you said GTS, GTS uses a different core type than the GT, nobody has reported any problems with the GTS currently, but only the GT and GTX.