• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PB4a Bugs

Started by Zero Angel, August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

theres youre solution then =P

by the way, is youre sound effect under simulatebase or renderbase?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 18, 2008, 04:37:19 PM
theres youre solution then =P

by the way, is youre sound effect under simulatebase or renderbase?
Simulate base, GBD has already tried to help with this one and couldnt figure it out either.

3D sound must be on to get the entire effect, so headphones wont fully play the effect itself.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

TheJamsh

TheJamsh

okay so new bug, i posted it elsewhere but iot may not reach GSH/Kens ears therefore:

occasionally, the "amb_wind.wav" sound that plays when a unit goes above its stated altitude sometimes sticks when playing multiplayer games. i havent quite figured out what conditions cause it to stay playing long after it was supposed to stop. ill try and test some more and note the conditions that causes it.

Dataanti

While ur talken about bugs and i couldnt find that other forum so i posted them here

There is alot of SP bugs that r small like on the first lvl wats his face starts shooting at the turrets as soon as it on his radar and the cmder doesnt talk sometimes and some missions dont continue after objectives

and not really a bug but could be very usefull in the editor is a clear map button that clears the map of all objects and pathing

also this doesnt happen all the time but when i enter the login screen and select my profile a 3D sound warning comes up.

and this last bug makes me mad and its happend to me 2ice i was flying in my fury and then my keyboard just stops working and all my F-# tabs dissapear and my map and scrap bar and ammo and health r all gone and the game keeps going and u just keep flying but the mouse still works and u can switch weapons but u cant shoot, 1 time it was on IA and the other was in a DM

TheJamsh

yes i remember a problem with the first single player mission.

leftenant sims (or simms) starts shooting at the guardian as soon as is within range, but hes supposed to hold off until its deployed then they all attack it.

Steeveeo

New Bug: XplExpire Explosion Only Shows on One Axis.

While testing a new weapon of mine that relies on an xplExpire to do the damage, I noticed that my shockwave effect wasnt showing up. On closer inspection, however, I saw that my Shocksphere, had become a teeeeny tiny little line showing on the Y axis (straight up & down, in relation to the shell). I added some sim_ember shrapnel to it, and suprise, suprise, the shrapnel bits only flew off on the Y axis.

Looking back on my other weapons that se an xplExpire, I notice the exact same behavior. ALL effects from an xplExpire referenced explosion only show on their Y axis, not just spheres and embers.

Steeveeo

New Bug: Explosions Dont Hurt Everyone Anymore.

I just finished my new weapon, for the most part, and it is to be dropped by a bomber. However, unlike the Daywrecker should, the explosion doesnt cause any friendly damage, making it too easy to clear out your own base of attackers, just by dropping a bomb on yourself.

But, in further testing, I have found that not even the DAYWRECKER causes freindly damage anymore! Somewhere along the production lines, explosions caused by AI got teamfiltered out, and that just made defending a base WAY too easy after you get a bomber up. Bombing yourself should not be a viable tactic! :lol:

Zero Angel

Interesting, i'll have to add this to my list of exploits and unfair tactics I use in games all the time.  :-D
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

That was done on purpose steeveeo, personally i would like it back, or at least a teamFilter option in explosion ODF's?F

If not, maybe GSH could just change the code back? thats up to him of course, and it would probably not be as easy as that... i think it happens because the daywrecker now inherits team from the bomber, to add scores to the end-of-game scoreboard.

Friendly fire from non-human players has always not damaged the player, maybe there should be a shell option for that?

well 'should' isnt the right word, but 'if it was done would receive mass appreciation' kind of thing lol :)

Steeveeo

Commbunker/tower feature issues:

This issue has been around since I got into pb3 modding a long while back, but while trying to get the zooming feature to work in the commbunkers, I found that the Scions were unable to zoom, and that the Commtower class, as apposed to the ISDF's Commbunker class, is unable to use the Minview and Maxviewdist lines.

Also, even though its in the changelog, the line "CanAlliesUse = True" does pretty much nothing, thugs cannot use it and neither can allied commanders in 4-Way ST.

Is there a chance that these commands can get fixed and applied to both classes for PB4b/PB5?

Steeveeo

Quote from: Steeveeo on November 11, 2008, 02:15:42 PM
New Bug: Explosions Dont Hurt Everyone Anymore.

I just finished my new weapon, for the most part, and it is to be dropped by a bomber. However, unlike the Daywrecker should, the explosion doesnt cause any friendly damage, making it too easy to clear out your own base of attackers, just by dropping a bomb on yourself.

But, in further testing, I have found that not even the DAYWRECKER causes friendly damage anymore! Somewhere along the production lines, explosions caused by AI got teamfiltered out, and that just made defending a base WAY too easy after you get a bomber up. Bombing yourself should not be a viable tactic! :lol:

Update: upon attempting to fix up my Nuke for SRV's next patch (to get rid of the awful flash lag (which I already have, woot) and fix up the textures, among other things), I found that making the radiation work again is virtually impossible.

The radiation is setup as a flaremine class, tapped off of a scrapclass spawner.

When the damage is based in the flaremine itself, it does no damage at all.
When the damage is based on a pulseshell ordnance doing the damage, still nothing.
When the damage is based on the xplExpire explosion for damage, STILL nothing.
However, when placed in the editor under an enemy team, DAMAGE.

Can we please revert the total and complete teamfiltering of Team 0 damages?

In a related note, I definitely believe that a teamfilter line for Explosion ODFs is needed.

Red Spot

Quote from: Zero Angel on August 06, 2008, 02:32:57 AM
Spawn, Greenheart, Feared_1 and I did some rounds of testing. And we found the following bugs in PB4a.

Lag and Drop Bug
In some matches (Strat and MPI), all clients will start out severely lagged -- and then be dropped sometime within the next 20 seconds. In other matches, most clients will severely lag and drop out in the middle of the game. This seems to happen sporadically and randomly.

Lag and Drop Bug
Not totally sporadically, when I play with a WLAN-router in between my PC and modem I lag out almost twice and often as I do with my router removed a direct non-wireless connection is made. This doesn't seem to impact ping, or does it lag out me out when its just the server and me playing, but when a 3rd or 4th player joins I may be one of the laggers where I'm not when the router is removed.
I don't really know very much about this stuff so I'm not really sure if the above is really truth or if its just my perception of a slight increase in ping or something like that, but it seems very much so that my WLAN-router increases the chance of being auto-kicked from a game.

Hanging Sound
Or how you might want to label it. Basically as the header already says, sounds sometimes keeps hanging. Most notably when you use jumpjets or have been jumping. I "think" it may have to do with a combination of that sound being played (jump/jetpack) while simultaneously getting critically damaged.
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Mr X

I've noticed a bug,

When you're driving a vehicle with the camera set to forward and it gets destroyed, your pilot view is forward aswell, even if you have it set to cockpit,

Its very annoying when I've crashed a vehicle into the enemy base so I can snipe for a bit, only to find that I can't aim properly.

I know this applies to scouts for both races, not sure about other vehicles.

(Oh, by the way, I think it would be very good if you could change camera view without having to get out of your vehicle and get in again)
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Steeveeo

Quote from: Mr X on April 13, 2009, 01:42:09 AM
I've noticed a bug,

When you're driving a vehicle with the camera set to forward and it gets destroyed, your pilot view is forward aswell, even if you have it set to cockpit,

Its very annoying when I've crashed a vehicle into the enemy base so I can snipe for a bit, only to find that I can't aim properly.

I know this applies to scouts for both races, not sure about other vehicles.

(Oh, by the way, I think it would be very good if you could change camera view without having to get out of your vehicle and get in again)
Try setting your default views in the options menu.

If your view does change, try the following:

Shift F1 - First Person
Shift F2 - Chasecam
Shift F3 - Third Person (Way back)