• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

QF Mod released

Started by bigbadbogie, August 06, 2008, 02:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Yeah?? Well keep thinkin.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

The turret was a 'tuggable turret' in the form of an assault hover, but I did not find a shuttle tug when I looked. No matter what is is its genius.

Click on the image...

shane ward

LOL, From what I can find the dll only called the objects "qvshut" and "qvttur". The turret is tagable and hovers about 68 in the sky, and the shuttle is just a APC. Very intresting! might be something more I am overlooking in the dll...
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

That's the 'bridge' mission, and I thought it was just a high flying assault hover vehicle with the turret on the bottom...   no need for much else as it doesn't land and it doesn't deploy troops....

The 'charge' on that mission dropped right through the bridge on me, btw...  you should never drop a powerup on a bridge...  bridges be strange animals.  I managed to get to it using my jetpack but by the time I did a Hammer got to one of the Tugs.  :(  The second time through I just blew up one end of the bridge with my Pariah... 

I love the Pariah...  that 90mm shell is very cool...  It could use a minigun or something to play with while you're waiting for the shell to reload.  I get bored quickly and it would be fun to have a plinker to ward off those annoying pilots and scouts that come up while I'm pounding on the enemy GT's.

QF in general...  I'll ramble a little...  well...  while your comrades might call you an idiot your official orders/records would be phrased in more...  er...  'official-ese'.   

It's very good for a first try...   :)   I do think you should have a 'credits' page where you give a nod to FE considering all the borrowing you did.  Personally I'm considering QF a heavy handed mod to FE, as better than 2/3 of the assets are either stock or FE modified/created units.  By rights it should require FE installed rather than just grab the assets and re-release them... but that's just my old-fashioned opinion and I know elsewhere the younger crowd just says "so what, they're released so now I can do whatever I want with them.".  Someday hopefully they'll understand the importance of respect.  8-)

I also don't expect a credit for, but did notice you borrowed my 'supply depot' method of supplying GT's from BZC.  I think you could come up with a better name than "power catcher", though...

Good to see voiceovers and cutscenes and so far no 'death by movie' (I hate that).   

Nice to see a mod besides BZC putting dust back under the hovertanks (where it SHOULD be!!! *coughKEN!cough*).  Watch out for GBD's 'new' dust, it's resource heavy...  :evil:

Nice to see some effective units, too many mods either have unbeatable units or nothing you can really work with.  I personally like the bigger toys, so like I said the Pariah is right up my alley.  The QF have a nice mix, if a bit limited.  I'd like to see an Armory, as some units have empty slots you can't do anything with.

You really really really need to make decent LOD models for those of us with older rigs.  Between the trees and buildings (Supply Depot is a killer) my framerate really drops during fights.  At least you didn't go nuts with lights...

The scripting could use some tweaking as most of the enemy units don't really engage if you stay far enough away.  It's obvious that the scripting is very much like FS, where the AI is looking for the Player as a guide to where to attack.  While this is an easy way of keeping the Player busy it's also too easy to use to your advantage.  I keep them coming for me and my dozen GT's while I remotely set up distant defenses either through a Comm or inbetween waves.   Some randomness, some evaluation of targets, and you can give the Player a much better fight.

Breakfast... 

-Av-

bigbadbogie

Excellent. Somebody finally had the guts to criticize bits and pieces.

The charges should not have dropped through the bridge. Hmm... if there is an accident with the charge (like it is destroyed), you can go to nav bravo and there is a backup one.

There is a credits page in the .pak file. And I know that I borrowed tonnes of assets from FE and stock but that was half the point. To put the QF in the midst of another war.

Whats wrong with power catcher?? I guess a power booster maybe more accurate now that I look back at it.

You have to remember that the QF are supposed to be weak and ineffective but if you play your cards right you can win anyway. Thats why there isnt an armoury. Too much variety for simple criminals.

LOD models are (to me) a waste of time as any new comp can easily cope, and I didn't really expect people to use older technology.

Most enemies are actually not looking for the player, but due to some new pb4 code they seem to prioritise you.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

Steeveeo

Quote from: Avatar on August 10, 2008, 06:04:45 AM
Nice to see a mod besides BZC putting dust back under the hovertanks
You havent played SRV have you...

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

No, does it have an SP campaign?

I'm big on SP, not so much MP, which is why something called a 'Recycler Variant' wouldn't necessarily attract my attention.   Sorry...

-Av-

shane ward

Same here, Single player is a must for me ;)
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Steeveeo

Quote from: Avatar on August 10, 2008, 04:19:10 PM
No, does it have an SP campaign?

I'm big on SP, not so much MP, which is why something called a 'Recycler Variant' wouldn't necessarily attract my attention.   Sorry...

-Av-
If Instant Action counts, then yes it does.

Also, I was planning a campaign soon after we finish up the first PRAs.

Plus, whats wrong with multiplayer?

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

bigbadbogie

It doesn't last, no story....etc.

My BZ2 mods:

VSMIT

Something comes to mind...

Oh, yeah.  Dune Command.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Dune Command was never finished.

My BZ2 mods:

VSMIT

And yet my statement doesn't change!

Just because it wasn't finished doesn't mean that it won't be, and doesn't detract from what it is, which gives multi exactly what you said it lacked.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

You're right.

However, DC is not normal multiplayer - it is a cooperative game.

We can debate the fine line between them all day if you like, or we can just accept that in this case other mods are irrelevant - because we are talking about SRV multiplayer.

My BZ2 mods:

VSMIT

Eventually, SRV will have a SP campaign.  We just need to finalize everything before that happens.