• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

QF Mod released

Started by bigbadbogie, August 06, 2008, 02:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Quote from: VSMIT on August 10, 2008, 09:31:12 PM
Eventually, SRV will have a SP campaign.  We just need to finalize everything before that happens.
And finish up the first PRAs.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

OvermindDL1

LOD's are still very useful on modern computers in BZ2.  Remember, BZ2 does its transformations in software, not hardware, so too many polys on screen can easily overwhelm a modern processor.  Even modern high-end games still use LOD's heavily, makes them faster, which is good because of how slow they are nowadays anyway.  :)

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Nielk1

QF causes my PC to drop polies, and I play HL2:EP2 with my card, so listen to OM.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Yeah? Well I play crysis, cod4 and assasins creed flawlessly.

Anyone who can't do that will simply be left behind.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 11, 2008, 12:54:28 AM
Yeah? Well I play crysis, cod4 and assasins creed flawlessly.

Anyone who can't do that will simply be left behind.
And that, my dear denizens of the BZ comminuty, is a perfect example of arrogance.

BBB, not everyone has the cash to build a perfect gaming rig, in fact, a lot of people I know cannot even play COD4 on low.

Also the fact that this is a forum for a near 10 year old game, a lot of the people here dont bother to update because their one and only love only needs what they currently have, a perfect right they have, I may add, since the more modern games are graphical whores with no gameplay...

bigbadbogie

Don't start.

I got a dual core 3ghz comp for less than $2000.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

OvermindDL1

And such a 'gaming rig' is pretty worthless for BZ2.  A faster single-core cpu and an old video card, but with plenty of texture memory is the best for BZ2.  :P

I can play the above listed flawlessly as well, but my computer I spent only about $800 total in; you overpaid. :)

bigbadbogie

I'll bet you bought the components cheap from 'authorised' dealers and built the thing yourself.

My BZ2 mods:

Steeveeo

Quote from: bigbadbogie on August 11, 2008, 03:21:44 AM
I'll bet you bought the components cheap from 'authorised' dealers and built the thing yourself.
The best kind.

shane ward

The only slow frames I had while playing qf mod was on the water mission, where my crash happened, I am not sure the base or buildings had something to do with it, might be the visibility too long and could be a glitch on the map somewhere.

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

OvermindDL1

Screw 'official' dealers; always NewEgg after doing about a months worth of research on a specific part before I get something (quite literally, I hunt down every little bug and issue someone has had with something before I buy a certain part...).  And of course you need to build it yourself; the stuff that is pre-built is utter crap; have seen nothing worth buying yet that I could not build out of better parts at a much cheaper price.  :P

You know, making good LODs is an art form.  I took a LOT of time on many of the buildings I did LODs for, getting them down to just a few polys.  Sloar told me that was the trick with EPIC, to LOD things down to a simple cube or plane.  The NSDF Launch Pad, for instance, was very tough as it's an odd shaped building.

There's always room for optimization.  Look at all of the MP players that deliberately run on the lowest settings to get the best performance, regardless of how powerful a rig they have.

Funny story there...   early on messing around on LOOT I got 'smart' and hid in a tree to snipe.  I was taunting Ice Rhino, telling him he'd never find me, that I was invisible, and that I was about to snipe him.

The funny part is that on his end there were no trees...   "blooming idiot" is I think how he described me that day.

"I'm invisible!  Can you see me???"    :)

As to $2000...  I spent that for one weekend on IV's for my girl (see my picture).  Kept her alive for another 6 months... Everyone has their priorities, and I now pity those who's main priority in life is a killer gaming rig.  When I look at my Windows CD collection, or the boxes of spare parts I have, I wonder what else I could have done with that money...  oh well....

-Av-

TheJamsh

now i know why mp FPS drops to 15 when i play QF. pissed me off... had to throw graphics down to lowest settings to play and then i got a white screen everytime i jumped to a certain height in-game...

plus my comps a virtually brand new thing. meh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Steeveeo

Quote from: TheJamsh on August 12, 2008, 12:18:38 PM
now i know why mp FPS drops to 15 when i play QF. pissed me off... had to throw graphics down to lowest settings to play and then i got a white screen everytime i jumped to a certain height in-game...

plus my comps a virtually brand new thing. meh
Sounds like another NVidia case, if so, set sky detail to NONE for QF Mod (I had to to play the entire mod, I think he doesnt use the moving cloud plane).

TheJamsh

yeh its an nVidia alright, a 7500 LE. pitty really. it runs fine in standard game with all settings up high.

the sky finishes all the maps off! how poopy!

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.