• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

GreenHeart and Commando Recycler Variant Suggestions

Started by Commando, August 06, 2008, 04:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

What do you guys suggest be changed.  Changes I'm leaning towards making

* Fixing the scrap cheat present with one unit
* Removing the Fury from the Scion Arsenal

Enrico

Can you provide Burns fighter with a shield.
can you balance the fury somehow. it seems unfair it moves extremely fast and can hover too high.

Axeminister

1)Make the armory drop pilots with different weapons (like you do pods) to anywhere on the map.
2)Have the Phantom to attack correctly(move into their base undiscovered, then morph to attack mode once in position).
3)Don't remove Fury, just limit the amount you can make, and fix the empty pilot problem.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

people want to drive Furies, so keep them and make them the very last thing you can make and more expensive.
What box???

Zero Angel

The furies are nice because they're so fun to drive. A little overpowered when hitting bases though, since they can pretty much hit buildings with impunity (and effectively, when equipped with swarm+absorb). Increasing the cost might help a little, or the fury build time, or reducing the max amount of furies to 1. I think they could be balanced down a little bit.

There is a certain game dynamic that makes rushing a viable strategy (ie: if the enemy team does not make rec defense a serious priority like it should be, then their recs deserve to get rushed)

I would suggest a much longer rec rebuild time, as commanders who get rec rushed can often quickly rebuild their destroyed recs without penalty (often before the rushing team has time to execute a follow-up attack on their factory) making it really pay off to focus too much on offense and leave the base poorly defended.

As a balance issue, I would suggest nerfing the APC's ever so slightly, as I can have well-defended rec hit by 5 quickly built APCs and completely obliterated (given that APCs only cost 50 scrap), this is a matter of opinion though. I want to know if anyone has objections.

QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Commando

I agree with you ZA, I hate APCs especially when they are used against scions.

Enrico

Don't removie furies.
Make limit 2 if you ever limit it.
that way in MPI 2 people can ride it. but 1 makes it fair.
Furies are fun! and fix empty pilot would be great

Commando

I think furies are limited to two.  In human vs. human strat, they are complely unbalanced which is why I brought them up.  Not only can you not kill the regular units with blink, they get the furies which are practically invulnerable due to their hull, their speed, and their hovering altitude.

Dataanti

a rec with every single building in the game except for the 0 power 1s and the statues and stuff, also a pre deployed rec would be fun cause u wont start off with a rec u start off with a bunch of units and so do enemy and u try to attack each other with out losing all ur units first if N1 isnt already doing 1 like that

General BlackDragon

*larger hover assault limit*?

maybe, 5? one for each possible team mate?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Commando

I plan on removing the limit from the commando variant but not for the GreenHeart variant.

I still need to come up with weapons for the Enforcer and Heavy Assault Sabre for the GreenHeart variant.

Dataanti

hav a rec var were u can make super special secret weapons if u find a certian flower or plant or something in a map and u tell ur cons to upgrade it and u get the special weapon cause u r useing that thing to get the stuff from the thing like chems and make weapons out of its stuff in the plant

Feared_1

Quote from: Dataanti on December 16, 2008, 07:08:40 PM
hav a rec var were u can make super special secret weapons if u find a certian flower or plant or something in a map and u tell ur cons to upgrade it and u get the special weapon cause u r useing that thing to get the stuff from the thing like chems and make weapons out of its stuff in the plant

if u wana make your own rec var it would be a better idea otherwise we gota spend time working on it that other peps might not play it and besides it wood be hard to make plant the upgrade give u good weapons out of the stuff in plant

Do me a favor, please, next time you post...
Copy the post you are making into Microsoft Word. Every time you see a little squiggly red underline, you did something very wrong, and it should be fixed. READ what you are typing! Use the preview button! If you can't understand even yourself, we have a problem. I speak for everyone when I say WE CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!

Dataanti

it was a suggestion for the "GreenHeart and Commando Recycler Variant Suggestions" thread for there rec var