• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

GreenHeart and Commando Recycler Variant Suggestions

Started by Commando, August 06, 2008, 04:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkplanet01

Don't remove Furies! They're some of my favourite things about the Greenheart variant. And besides, the scions haven't been given nearly as much variety as the ISDF, making them less fun and so less people would want to play as them. Removing the Furies would mean that even fewer people would want to play as scions.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs harder.
Check out my site - www.freewebs.com/darkplanet01

SkyNET

Bah, the strangeness and shorter build tree is a Scion trait :P

I love the Gunships. They're awesome.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Dataanti on December 16, 2008, 07:08:40 PM
hav a rec var were u can make super special secret weapons if u find a certian flower or plant or something in a map and u tell ur cons to upgrade it and u get the special weapon cause u r useing that thing to get the stuff from the thing like chems and make weapons out of its stuff in the plant
That could be done if you were a mapmaker. First make a plant looking building, then make an ODF for the upgraded version. The upgraded version would have a tap on it that spawns a powerup. This would work the same way that once you pick up the weapon from the plant, you would have to use your builders 'add lung' feature to rebuild it, which of course costs scrap.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Arbystrider

The GH and Commando Rec Variants are the most COMPLICATED variants. What's the difference between them?

And,

Suggestions:

Remove Enforcer OR make its Cannon a COMBAT cannon. An Assault cannon would just make it VERY unbalanced, since it costs less scrap than the Walker, 360-degree turret, hovers, and faster.

Have more than one type of Bomber, like one type have the normal bomb, another have some kind of repelling bomb, and the last stop time in the explosion radius (like SRV's Chrono Bomb, except that the effect applies to buildings, so Factories can't build, and whatever coming into where the blast was (e.g. a pilot that just flew in) ALSO stop when they get into the effect radius...) Yes, Chrono Radiation Bomb.

No, not 3 Bombers at a time, just make the Bomber's Bomb specifiable at the Factory.

Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Zero Angel

I agree somewhat. Dual PL-Stabs are very devastating, and the domain of laying down heavy duty assault fire (dual pl-stab vs units, dual plasma vs buildings, dual blast vs both) is typically the job of walkers. Though I suppose the commando and GH variants are overpowered by their very design. Still, even dual SP-Stab (combat) tanks would be pretty devastating if you threw them at anything but GTs.
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

Commando

There's a reason the GreenHeart and Commando variants are only recommended for MPI.

I made both variants, I just further customized my version by weakening the units on mine by removing the Slug and the Rockets from the Assault Sabre and Assault Avenger.  I also upgraded the weapons on the Heavy Sabre to dual SP Stabber in the Commando variant.

Arbystrider

Then why is it called "GreenHeart Variant"? Because it's suitable for his maps?

One more suggestion: Why not make a REALLY cool variant with all the weapons from Rockets to Slugs to JAX's and buildings from Assault Depot all the way to Unit Launchers (A building that launches units and tanks to where the commander wants them. A WAY cooler, "greener" and even FASTER way to transport a Second Recycler if it's going to have one like SRV.)?
Quote from: GreenHeart on October 06, 2009, 01:39:19 AM
Beware of internet explorer it is horribly evil.
Yes it is. Stay away. Somebody should warn Microfeck. And call 911.

Nielk1

IIRC Greenheart made many of the things in the recyclers, but did not put them together in that form.

Click on the image...

Commando

GreenHeart made the units and the gun towers.

I added them to a recycler variant and called it the GreenHeart variant.  I made the slug, and GBD made the effects for it.  The Rockets are just a copy of the regular rockets.  Basically GSH made the models, and I made or tweaked the ODFs to be used in the variants.  Once I made the GH variant, I made my own variants with the minor differences I mentioned above.

Regarding the enforcer, it has the health of a regular Sabre so it has a lot less armor than a Walker.  It's not that over-powered considering a walker can kill it with maybe 2 or 3 shots.

Commando

I named it the GreenHeart variant when I made the recycler because it uses a lot of new objects made by GreenHeart.

GreenHeart made the models and if I used his ODFs, I tweaked them to the form they are in now by adjusting the requirements, costs, etc.

Zero Angel

I have a suggestion regarding the assault depots.

I think instead that the service bay should be upgradable to provide faster healing and the requisite tech needed to build advanced units.

I also think that a mobile service bay should be created, with a limit of 1 or 2. The mobile service bay could be a deploybuilding class (essentially a treaded unit which deploys into a building) or buildable with the field constructor, with bunker adjacency requirements.

The rationale for this is that it would be nice to have a service bay in the field, and another service bay at base which only works for assault hover units seems kind of pointless since nobody really uses it (pod drops or trucks are more convienient for healing on the field than running back to base to use the assault bay)
{bac}Zero Angel

Commando

If someone can create the model, I don't mind using a deploy building for a field service bay.

Red Devil

You can sling assault service pods to where they are needed.  They need to be made smaller, though.
What box???

Zero Angel

Quote from: Commando on April 03, 2009, 06:13:33 PM
If someone can create the model, I don't mind using a deploy building for a field service bay.

Actually a scav model should be good enough for now. Just use the assault depot model for the field bay.

Special Ops (a discontinued mod) used the recycler model for their MSB which was a full sized one. It looked a little strange but it worked out great.
{bac}Zero Angel

Red Spot

Quote from: Commando on April 03, 2009, 06:13:33 PM

If you could give some specifications I wouldnt mind giving it a try. I got a week off after Easterweekend so got some time to spend on it than.

Edit: I also at some point made a variant based on the Commando B recy that had the ability to create 2 regular S-bays instead of an assault-depot, call me crazy but I like my base to look symmetrical. And the plus is that your grunts can get service 2 at the time before you get time to give them some S-trucks. Just a thought :)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*