• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

For Those Hosting on PB4a

Started by Commando, August 07, 2008, 07:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

If you are hosting MPIs, especially on MPI Circle, it is best to limit the number of players to 3.  There seems to be an issue that causes everyone to lag out once the 4th player joins.

This will occur on other maps, but not as quickly as it does on MPI Circle.

General BlackDragon

So it isnt just BZC specific...
crap.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

From bz2irc

Quote[01:45] Mauler_Bait: YEEEP
[01:46] Mauler_Bait: the trigger is 4 players
[01:46] Mauler_Bait: As soon as i joined a 3 player strat it lagged out

Click on the image...

Commando

MPI Dunes will be fine for a while and is playable with 4 players.

MPI Circle will cause a lag out the instant the 4th player enters the world.

Red Devil

I think mortars or mortar targeting may have something to do with it.  GH and I were in MPI Circle late last night and every time I started mortaring or being mortared by Intimidators, I would lag out.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Lag happens on anymap with 4 players that i have tried and yes when a mortar or powerful cannon is fired and their is debree or etc everywhere with texters either lag out, massive lag or very low fps.

Sarge125

Will do. Will this glitch be fixed in PB5 or PB4b or whatever?

Red Devil

Might have to do with the server, too.  When we switched to me being the server, it didn't happen.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: Commando on August 07, 2008, 07:25:16 PM
If you are hosting MPIs, especially on MPI Circle, it is best to limit the number of players to 3.  There seems to be an issue that causes everyone to lag out once the 4th player joins.

This will occur on other maps, but not as quickly as it does on MPI Circle.

As far as i am concerned for circle it is best if you only have 2 players playing a game on that map. I am only limiting my server to have 3 players at most because of this issue.

bigbadbogie

Just don't play that map, not until the next patch.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

mrtwosheds

I have seen this lagout bug on several different maps, strat and mpi (dunno about dm) WITH only 3 players and when we are only using scouts. It is not "normal" lag usually all people conncted to the server are forcemove disconected and then can rejoin.

GreenHeart

after quite afew successfull games without the lagout bug i'll tell what settings i'm currently using to prevent the lagout bug from occuring.

i've limited all mpi games to 3 players & the players ship must not fire any mortars except for ai piloted ships. also i tweaked the LocalPrefs.ini & LocalPrefs_bzone.ini to have 'UseUPNP = false' no quotes.  with these settings i have i've not encountered the lagout bug this week & i have played quite afew 2 hour games.
Signature:
Many failures will take place in the process of attempting to achive your goal. It don't matter how many times you fail, Its how much you've learned each time since its apart of the learning process.

Axeminister

Windy and I upgraded our video cards. So now we have:

Axeminister
pentium 4 - 2.53mhz
1536 mb Ram
256mb Nvidia 5200

Windy
pentium 3 - 933mhz
512mb Ram
128mb Nvidia 5200

Join us for some game. And yes I know BZ2 uses mostly the cpu, but now I can finish Doom3, which used to crash a lot. Woohoo.
I had to install a new power supply for Windy to upgrade. I had never done it before, and was kind of sceptical that I'd be able to do it. Hell, that was nothing to be afraid of, the box doesn't even come with instructions. hahahaha
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Commando

Yeah working with computers is pretty much straight forward.

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Axeminister on November 24, 2008, 09:26:00 AM
Windy and I upgraded our video cards. So now we have:

Axeminister
pentium 4 - 2.53mhz
1536 mb Ram
256mb Nvidia 5200

Windy
pentium 3 - 933mhz
512mb Ram
128mb Nvidia 5200

Join us for some game. And yes I know BZ2 uses mostly the cpu, but now I can finish Doom3, which used to crash a lot. Woohoo.
I had to install a new power supply for Windy to upgrade. I had never done it before, and was kind of sceptical that I'd be able to do it. Hell, that was nothing to be afraid of, the box doesn't even come with instructions. hahahaha

... You call that upgraded? Although those are kind of old computers.

Then again, not to brag, and im sure other people can do this, i can run bz2 on max settings, with tons of units XD.

My rooms sometimes can handle 4 players fine, well it kinda depends too. Sure would be nice to see what causes this (NOT hinting to gsh, just saying it in general)
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!