• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Uler for PB4a

Started by Red Devil, August 12, 2008, 02:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

This mod was made by Coxxon.  Bulldog, Greenheart, and lately, me, have made it run in 1.3.

The Uler, for PB4a    62mb

Installation:

1. Download it
2. Unzip it to the root of your BZ2 1.3 PB4a install (not addon)
3. Make a new shortcut and add /config uler.cfg to it.  (To make a shortcut, right click bzone.exe and select Create Shortcut, then drag that shortcut to your desktop)
4. Play

Update:

Uploaded new zip on August 15th, 2008

1. Forgot to include the SP mission dll's before...
2. All Uler SP missions are available from SP now.  Briefing/Debeifing files are being worked on by LF and will be added in next update.
3. Updated/improved the Uler vs Uler AIP's (other AIP's will be updated in next update)
4. Improved physics for tracked vehicles

Update 2:

Uploaded new zip on August 16th, 2008

1. Increased firepower of GT's
2. Added AttackTask/subAttackTask entries so units will use weapon range instead of static engageRange and so they attack better
3. Added/Increased collisionRadius on all units so they will spread out more when grouped.

Update 3:

Uploaded new zip on August 23rd, 2008

Uploaded a new zip.  Size is 63mb.

- Many errors fixed.

- Added Lucky Foot's shell improvements (which are a WIP).  Just thought you'd like to see the progress.  :-)  He's making the briefings, debriefings, etc., for SP too.   :mrgreen:

- MAJOR improvement in Uler vs Uler AIP with the ability to customize the AI's weapons in the AIP.  I've locked it to run that one special AIP for now just for demonstrating the method.  This method will allow AIP coders to make more powerful and varied AIP's by enabling the AI to use all the available weapons depending on circumstances.  The current demo AIP is simple in scope - for now.

- The AI is also reactive now, so that it builds as you build and increases forces accordingly.

- Increased the range of the Mummifier.  Its shots were landing short.

Known Issues:

I need to adjust the AIP so it balances building units and building the base up and also add more special weapons for the larger units.

Units are not pathing well sometimes, maybe due to the increased collision radius.

I may have increased the power of the upgraded GT's a tad too much...

What box???

bigbadbogie

Wow. Long time no play.

Thanks RD!!
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Red Devil

Thanks.  BD and GH did a lot of work on it.  I just fixed a bunch of errors to get it working is all.

A known issue is that you can build multiple Crypts.  I'll have to add limitClass to that puppy.

Also, I think I may have to make a new missions ODF for the SP missions.  The first SP mission is easy tho.

My only advice is to build a Bomber Bay as soon as you can.

:lol:
What box???

TheJamsh

that include signel player ability, i made a bunch of ULER weapons a while back.. full kit...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Sorry, didn't know you contributed to it.  The Uler was an SP mod released about 7 years ago by Coxxon.  Pretty sure that most of the new weapons and MP work was done about 3..4 years ago by Bulldog.  Not sure exactly what Greenheart did on it, so he can fill you in on it.
What box???

Red Devil

Working on getting the SP stuff going now.
What box???

Red Devil

Got the pilot pack weapons unselectable.

Got all the SP maps running.  have to add briefings, debriefings, descriptions, mail, etc.

Uler6 reports that proute1..5.odf are missing, but those are patrol paths and they are on the map and it works, so ignore for now.
The Uler6 dll reported that usctcoxi.odf, umiscoxi.odf, and utnkcoxi.odf were missing, so I fixed that.  Probably due to 1.2 racism.

Limited the Crypt to one.

Added 3rd GT upgrade back in.

I'll post a small fix zip shortly.

What box???

TheJamsh

there is abn actual 'techcenter' classlabel now that assigns a proper base slot and limits the amount you can build...

also, i didnt actually contribute, i made the weapons out of nothing to do. i can always stick them in if they are of any use but if not all good. they do get a little 'samey' after a while ill admit.

does this include AIP's from stock through to insane for MPI play and Instants?

Red Devil

Yeah, I used classLabel = "techcenter", but it didn't help for some reason.  Resorted to isSingle and that did it.

The AIP's used use the stock13_ prefix and there is also a hard_ prefix set.  None of the others are supported, but are pulled in by the autoreg entries in addon.  That'll be remedied next zip.
What box???

TheJamsh

BTW, whenyou add new races... does every map need new pathpoints? e.g.

ubrecy /ubfact??

curious...

Red Devil

Unless a race, like the Phaer Rhan, has different build trees and requirements, the stock ones will do.
What box???

Nielk1

If you use custom buildings they do, but the Uler are very very very like the ISDF.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

yeh, and they have a jammer which fits the scion so i guess they get away with it.

strickyl speaking, you could do the 'find and replace' trick with uler vs scion AIP's with notepad.

copy the scource of the AIP into notepad, find and replace and "ib" with "ub". rename the aip job done. thats what i did. i just didnt let them build jammers...

Red Devil

I found/fixed a number of problems in the Uler vs Uler AIP's and added a bunch of 1.3 improvements yesterday.

I made sure each AIP builds a full base so requirements are always met, plus added upgrading for pools and GT's once they have a full base.

They'll rock you now.

The Uler differ in that they require the tcen for the Bomber Pad instead of the training.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Ik first mission i get nothing but being a pilot and walking around to die with no objectives or nothing. 2nd mission is 2nd stock mission no mods. Wierd or is this a joke?