• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Uler for PB4a

Started by Red Devil, August 12, 2008, 02:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Does it work?!!  :-o
I'm damn fed up with trying to use hold to place turrets, its useless.

Red Devil

Yes, it works very well.  Only problem is if you already have defenses there or a scav picks it up before your turrets or whatever get there ("target died").  I gave all the human ships a provideName of "enemy" to test it, but I may pare that back.

Hold should work.  They keep moving around on you when one gets destroyed?  There is the NotPathBuildingExists condition that will help if you add [BuildingClass] and ownsterrain = true to the turrettanks.
What box???

mrtwosheds

Hold does work, but its so stupid, yes they move around allot and die doing it, I also seem to always wind up with a small pile of turrets at the recy dropoff when I stop the plan.

GENERAL MANSON*

Just got back from vacation. Going to test soon.

Red Devil

I just adjusted the physic of the tracked vehicles so they don't pull wheelies.
What box???

Red Devil

The size of the Deployed/Upgraded Acquire is much larger than the Acquire, so I increased the size of the Acquire a tad so there's not so great a disparity in size. 

Also increased the size of the Mummifier a bit and enabled its turret to slowly spin. I hopped in one before and it was shaking due to it having a very low yawRate and a high yawAlpha.

Decided to reduce the number of DefendArea/ClearArea plans. 

Pop Quiz:  Do you know the difference between DefendArea and ClearArea?
What box???

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Red Devil

Nope, buildings can be targeted in both.

The difference is that the targetType in ClearArea is on the enemy (your) team.

So, if the AI team is Scion and the human team is ISDF and you use targetType = "fbrecy" in ClearArea, it'll never execute.
What box???

Red Devil

Oh man, I love the Mummifier.  Strong, but weak.  It out-ranges GT's and packs a big punch, but it's slow to fire and has medium health.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

I hate their RA tank it has like dual blast. But fix the missions only 1 to 5 work or 6 work

Red Devil

Yeah, the Ra is a beast.  Have you tried the cruise missiles in the Sphinx yet?   :-o  It lists them twice in their armory, due to two different weapons using it for assault, but I'll fix that.

Just finished getting the shields squared away.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Not yet. But have to leave to go to my client soon. Doing emails/client work and testing 5 mods at a time well i have my hands full.

GENERAL MANSON*

Also where you have to capture the mars relic as the uler from the scions the relic should have about maybe 10 times more health then the isdf assualt towers or just stay neutral.

Red Devil

Good to know.  I haven't gone through all the SP missions yet.  I'll increase its health.  Does the mission fail if it's destroyed?
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Quote from: Red Devil on August 26, 2008, 01:37:25 PM
Good to know.  I haven't gone through all the SP missions yet.  I'll increase its health.  Does the mission fail if it's destroyed?

Yep. Turns to player (green) and dies when enemy units are near because they kill it.