• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Uler for PB4a

Started by Red Devil, August 12, 2008, 02:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

thats the problem then, adding an eyepoint.. perhaps its because of where the turrets are positioned on a model maybe?

also, new word noted, 'Kerflooey'. i like it. epect to see more of this word in future posts lol

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

I think it's due to the eyepoint being on the x turret instead of the y turret.  just noticed it has a recoil frame, so I'll add recoil to it now and see how it looks.
What box???

Nielk1

I tend to name barrels recoil just in case myself.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

What box???

Red Devil

Added recoil to the other units that have it in their models too.  The Ra looks great now.
What box???

TheJamsh

the XSI part doesnt have to be named 'recoil' anyway i believe.

the rocket tanks pods are called OBJ37 or something and they have a working recoil.

Red Devil

Yes, it just makes it easier to add them/activate them in odf's is all, so you don't have to go looking up the name.
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

Red Devil

Yes, just been busy with...*stuff*.
What box???

Feared_1

Quote from: Red Devil on September 14, 2008, 06:49:06 PM
Yes, just been busy with...*stuff*.

What could possibly be more important than this?

Red Devil

Keeping warm during 7 months of winter, where it gets to -50 with the wind in January/February.  Since I heat the house with wood, that means lots of firewood.  Plus etc., etc., etc...

Plus keeping an eye on *you*.  :evil:
What box???

GENERAL MANSON*

* Hides and ducks and looks for hidden cameras * :roll:

TheJamsh

Got a few bugs for yah RD...

first, uler jammers need to have ownsTerrain set to one, as they get pushed out of buildzones and sort of 'group' with each other.

second, isdfVsUler aips seem to be broken. or at least they didnt work when i tested on SubZero yesterday

thirdly, do you think you could add the 'auto service trucks' and 'empty scout' recycler variants for the Uler?

few sounds missing on weapons files, and i think a texture missing somewhere, cant remember what weapons now :(

also, ive tried playing the Uler with and without DXT textures. but i still get massie transparency problems with black areas on Uler textures. must be lots of 0,0,0 colour in there... could that be fixed?

Next, the Uler APC is piloteable, i dont think its meant to be, and some soldiers still use ISDF weapons (At-stabber etc)

Mummifiers also are incredibly stupid... unbelievably.

Red Devil

First one's on the list.  Have to add a base plate for it like I did the Scion Jammer.

Second one, I haven't worked on the ISDFvsUler AIP's, yet; just the UvU ones.

Third one I think I already did.

Fourth one, not sure which ones are missing, but I'll look.

Fifth one, maybe.  Haven't noticed any yet.

Sixth one, APC's were always that way, I believe and I'll look into the weapons usage.

Mummifiers are *much* better now.  Fixed them about a month or two ago.

Thanks for cthe feedback.   :-)
What box???

TheJamsh

lol cool. maybe the mummifier range should be reduced a little too? they go seriously far... i was able to take out the extractor on Alien Dunes right in the centre from close to base...

no worries on feedback =] ill keep playing. its so much fun having new races to play with... oh and APC's defies shudnt be piloteable lol!