• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Fed Up

Started by CmptrWz, August 25, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

Wz, they probably see your IP in the map description area and target you.

Easiest way to thwart them is to add their IP's to your ban list in LocalPrefs.ini  (post them, like ZA says) .   :mrgreen:

And just PM us when you want to have a game.  :-)
What box???

Red Devil

"hit the pokies"?  :?

:|

:lol:

Only problem with you Aussies is your ping....  Heh, I bet you say the same thing about us.  :lol:
What box???

bigbadbogie

Of course I do.
Problems with being an Aussie gamer:

Only 2 or 3 Aus servers with low ping.

5 or 6 Euro servers with moderate ping.

20 US servers with high ping.

And hitting the pokies is like this:

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

shane ward

I remember me and my brother where playing a death match game with the map Void, It was really something, we had lots of people in it and of course a few noobs who just took the p**s. It gave me great satisfaction in sniping them. If they annoy you in the game, take it out on them... They will soon leave or behave themselves.

and well said bigbadbogie.

P.S What about UK servers? LOL

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

Raven

Wow, I timed my return right, didn't I?

Coincidence really - I got crap too, but most likely not because of who I am - but because I freaking suck now! Heh.

Anyway, yeah come on Wz, its been said so many times in this thread; I'm not going to repeat whats been said.

Now lets have some mother *Ammo*ing Whiskey :-D

CmptrWz

I won't reveal the person's name, IP address(es), or forum account in this case, as this was merely the latest of a YEAR'S worth of crap I have gotten whenever I have gone to play. And my IP changed this morning, to an entirely different class A, so I doubt they knew it was me.

And yes, they have a forum account here and have logged into it somewhat recently. It is even a fairly old account. They have posted from both IP addresses they joined my game with today, and one of them is their most recently logged in as IP. Their username also matches the second name they used when joining, and the email address they mailed me with (origin of the email was one of the two IPs) matches their forum account's email address.

If they want to fess up I won't stop them, but I am not going to sick the community on them myself.

As for BZ2 itself, I was getting tired of it a while back. If it were not for 1.3 then I would have shut down BZU a while ago, 100%. I had hopes that the ******s would stay in 1.2 and the better, more civilized players would play in 1.3. Instead it seems that all 1.3 did was make it impossible to play a good game without pre-arranging it. At least from what I have seen.

The only times I had fun was when I was bug-hunting, and that was at least partially because of some of the absurd things that were being done to try and reproduce things.

In fact, one of the only reasons I didn't just turn the site off today was so that those that DO still believe in the community would at least have a warning period. I don't hate the community, I just don't want anything to do with it anymore, do not intend to contribute to it anymore, and am moving on to other things that I DO enjoy at this point.

If there is one thing I do know about this community it is that it will continue, regardless of whether or not BZU is a part of it. On the other hand, I also know that BZU is one of the last grouping points for the BZ2 community, and that it going away may be the final death fracture.

Thus, for those that do still care about the community (because by now you should notice that for the most part I don't now), I will at least make an offer. Consider it a fund raiser of sorts, if you want.

In the next two weeks (from today until  the end of the day on Monday, September 8th, Eastern United States Time, giving a little over a week technically) I will count all donations sent to BZScrap. For the following total amounts I will do the following things.

$0 - Whatever the hell I want. Nobody cared enough to send a measly $5 total, why should I care enough to do anything for them?
$5 - Put up a page of links to other BZ/BZ2 related sites on the BZU homepage, turning off the "send people to the forum" redirector for http://www.bzuniverse.com in the process
$15 - Same for $5, but I will promise to not delete the forum in the process, merely make it static
$50 - Same as for $5, but I will re-open the forum for new topics again
$75 - Same as for $50, but I will even turn on signatures. Yes, I read that topic asking for them back, consider this my answer.
$100 - Same as for $75, but I will even give the pseduo-admins full admin rights, so they can make decisions like whether or not to turn on various features or not in the future
$200 - Re-open the forum, make the pseudo-admins full admins, AND set up a mediawiki install tied to the forum to replace the rest of BZU, so that actual content can be put back in by the community - Current level as of last update by myself
$500 - See $200, add in significant amounts of wondering WTF is up with this, and promise to work on MM5 again. Because that isn't covered above and right now I have stopped working on it.

I will even try to remember to update a running tally here, so that people can see how far along things are.

If you don't like any of the above, tough luck. That is what I am offering, take it or leave it.

Offers to just plain BUY bzuniverse.com from me to do what one wants with it may be made via PM, should anyone want to do so. The forum, backup thereof, hosting, etc. will not be included should someone do so. Transfer will only occur if I like the terms offered to me and the donation meter has not hit the $50 mark at the end of the day on the 8th. The static copy of the forum would be moved to a subdomain of one of my other domains, perhaps BZScrap, assuming donations have reached the $15 mark. The page of links offer will become null and void in this case, as I won't have control over the domain to keep it there.

mrtwosheds

Don't let some sad git get you down CmptrWz. just ban him.
This is my favourite web site I come here every day, and its a crucial element in my plans to take over and purify the Universe...

shane ward

Quote from: Raven on August 25, 2008, 03:58:55 PM
Wow, I timed my return right, didn't I?

Coincidence really - I got crap too, but most likely not because of who I am - but because I freaking suck now! Heh.

Anyway, yeah come on Wz, its been said so many times in this thread; I'm not going to repeat whats been said.

Now lets have some mother *Ammo*ing Whiskey :-D

YES, YOU DID!

I thought the good times where coming back, then this c**p happened!
What a welcome.
Sorry this happened Raven, Can't tempt fate!

I think I need to speak to GOD, to put this right!! Now where is my bible? Oops, I do not have one.... Grrrrrrrrrr..... Have to talk to the scions then... Maybe they can get a little Bio-Metal to CmptrWz that might make him better :)

I guess we all better start a revolution on the forms hehe

Shane

Dark Scion Soldier

oh sh**! i don't have a paypal account.... i'll have to pay my brother to get this site up...
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

mrtwosheds

QuoteAnd yes, they have a forum account here and have logged into it somewhat recently.
SEEK LOCATE EXTERMINATE!

Oh go on give us a little clue...

bigbadbogie

I am 17 years old.

I would gladly give you the $500.

The only credit card I have has about $3000 on it (AUD).

But the problem is that my parents wont let me touch it (because they know I would waste it on junk).
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

Gave all I can afford to at this time.

$15

Never done paypal before, Did I do it right?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Dark Scion Soldier

CmptrWz- If i could touch my account i would give you  $1000.00 because that's all i have saved up...
Aquatic: *on hold* 52% done overall.

shane ward

Money Money Money, You sould have a donate thing here with a meter or something for how much money is needed and what it is at now.

Anyway, I gave a bunch of cash.... Hope it helps.

I give action and not just talk......

Shane

CmptrWz

Well, seems at least two people care more than just screaming at me to say I am wrong. Up to $40 now, already, or $37.98 after fees. Thus, so far we are at "will put a links page up, and not delete the forum"