• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Favorite missions on bz1/TRO

Started by GENERAL MANSON*, September 15, 2008, 05:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbadbogie

Thats because theres usually not much to see.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

oh, and as for fav TRO mission, i'd have to say the same as BBB. :)

TRO Bdog mission, hmmm...probably the one where u have to sieze the portal.

*****General BlackDragon*****

SLI_Fallen

I actually just finished replaying TRO. (after running thru BZ1 Again) and TRO is exceedinlgy more difficult than BZ1, by far. Things got REALLY hectic quite often. Relentless... heh.

That's because the lead level designer is a sadistic SOB...   :)

TRO had the philosophy that the Player should be the target at all times.  Every unit on the map is keyed on the player, most actions are triggered by the player, and everything is set to happen all at once or at the worst possible time.

When you come up over a rise the turrets are already looking at you, when you cross a certain line nearby units head for you, and when you try to catch your breath the game is waiting to unleash Hell on you.

That's why it was so much harder than BZ1's missions.  I can walk through BZ1 on Hard in an afternoon, as all fall before me like chaff in the wind.  TRO is still a pain in the butt to complete even with mad BZ1 skillz...  :)

-Av-

Red Devil

Yeas, TRO is excellent in all respects.  Once I learned the trick to winning the seizing-the-portal mission, it was fairly easy.  It kept you on your toes, but was do-able.
What box???

It does matter whether you're playing with or without the TRO Patch, btw, as it fixes some strangeness with certain units, buildings, and adjusts a couple of scripts to make success possible.  I learned a lot about scripting from Toni and Mick, such as to never rely on a Nav beacon to send something to...  (preplaced Navs had to be made invulnerable by the patch because just blowing up your own Nav would stop tons of units from finding you...  :) )

-Av-

lucky_foot

I'm on the second mission on Elysium and have been stuck. Haven't even got past the first Chinese mission! LOL
Jonathan S.

Some TRO tips:

The main thing with TRO is resource management, as you'll be using a LOT more ammo and repair than in the BZ1 stock missions.  Whenever you can get a Supply up, then a Hangar.  If you keep eating pods all day you'll never be able to build tanks to take the place of the one you just lost.  :)

I use my 'baiting' skills to the max in TRO, trying to keep the AI from attacking my defenses.  Hide, lead, shoot/run, anything to keep them busy while your turrets and GT's eat them up.

The AI likes the TAG CANNON.  One of the most effective units in AI hands is the Stoli, so make sure all they ever Tag is a nav...  back away from them and use Navs to block the tag, or the rockets if you miss the tag.

The AI cheats so anything goes.  They snipe from mid air in certain missions, so keep moving and always have an MDM handy.  They don't have to pay for units, so hammer them with Turrets around a Supply, GT's behind hills and around bends, and lots and lots of rockets so you can eat them up as loose.  Line up miniguns in the path of Golems so they switch out to a wimpy weapon.  Snipe them in staging areas, mortar them from hilltops, do whatever you can to take them out from a distance.  Rockets, comets, and mortars are your friends.

Time is your enemy, and part of making it through the missions is learning what happens next so you can push your time limits to the max, make units before they're needed, and be in the right spot at the right time.

Snipe, snipe, and more sniping.  Being a good sniper means taking out enemy AI from as far away as possible, saving ammo and repair, and getting ships when you don't have the scrap for them.  Remember above, though, as the AI cheats and some units are deliberately not snipeable.

-Av-

slow

Anyone know where I can play BZ1 online???  I cannot find a server?
Thanks all.
slow

Nielk1

Quote from: slow on October 11, 2008, 04:09:02 PM
Anyone know where I can play BZ1 online???  I cannot find a server?
Thanks all.
slow

Your question has been answered 3 times, just follow what you were TOLD.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

I guess that is why he is called 'slow'.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com