• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

User Table, before it gets big

Started by Nielk1, October 09, 2008, 12:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Bots like to register for the wiki a lot.
They register then post.

I suggest seeing if you can integrate with this forum's tables (you will have to re-assign the sysop positions) or add some custom line to the registration. For a while there, I had one that asked what 2+2 was and if anything other than 4 was there it gave and error who's string didn't even exist.

Just wanna try to warn you of some things I've learned by having a wiki myself.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

Deal with it as it appears probably, if it becomes too busy then might get CmptrWz to implement a simple captcha of a sort (like what is the square root of -1:).

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

CmptrWz

I decided against linking it to the forum for a few reasons, including me being lazy. As for a captcha system, I may get to that sooner rather than later. Given how new the wiki is I should have a few days before the bots even find it, let alone start trying to hit it.

CmptrWz

Any thoughts on the current Captcha? I can revert it to simple match questions without pictures if you think the current one is too difficult.