• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Stop Demanding a PB4B Patch

Started by Commando, October 20, 2008, 12:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

GSH is aware of the problems in pb4a and will get to them when he can.  GSH has indicated that he is getting annoyed with the demands for a quick patch.  Annoying him too much will most likely have very negative consequences.  For now, just play the version you find the most stable and wait for an update if and whenever one comes out.

GSH is now working 10 hour days, I believe 7 days a week, at pandemic because Sabeteur is close to release.  Since it is so close to release, he is stuck in crunch time, hence the hours.

bigbadbogie

Who is demanding it? I thought that we are all patiently waiting.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Commando

I'm not going to name anyonen specifically since it wouldn't be constructive.  I remember one member saying GSH should release a patch to fix the lagout bug.

Just remember, as long as people give GSH his space and don't annoy him, chances are a lot higher that it will get addressed along with the fog bug.

Feared_1

I stated in another post as well:

Continue to report bugs that you see in PB4a that are NOT related to the lag out bug or the fog bug. Everyone is already aware of those two for sure, but there are most definitely other AVs or errors that still occur that we might not be seeing. The more we can do now, the less we will have to do later.

TheJamsh

lets not even patiently wait, it probably makes GSH feel as though its expected of him and make him less inclined to do it, which is fair enough.

i know who youre talking about commando, i dont think his english is very good though, maybe he didnt mean to sound so demanding but i could be wrong...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

lucky_foot

LOL,

It's interesting that sometimes people forget how blessed we are to have Ken and GSH still with us. :) It's hard to know what we had till it's gone. :D

Plus, he's got more important things to do at the moment. :D
Jonathan S.

Zero Angel

I never got the impression that demanding another public patch was a huge thing, unless its the kind of thing happening on emails/pm's/private boards. Personally I dislike when people demand things privately, because 10 other people could have made the request and you'll never have known that they did so. Just like the kinds of things happening with Wz getting harrassed in-game, through PM, emails, and other means of private communications.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

cheesepuffly

Quote from: Commando on October 20, 2008, 02:27:00 PM
I'm not going to name anyonen specifically since it wouldn't be constructive.  I remember one member saying GSH should release a patch to fix the lagout bug.

Just remember, as long as people give GSH his space and don't annoy him, chances are a lot higher that it will get addressed along with the fog bug.

That was probably me.....

The lag out bug some reason REALLY REALLY ticks me off, i mean not normal kinda ticking off er something.... (the bug it self, not the person who made the version)

I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

Commando

Yeah, the lag out bug annoys me too which is why I haven't played more than 4 games on pb4a since it was released.

shane ward

Instead of everyone annoying GSH about the bugs in battlezone 2 why don't they annoy pandemic about them, if there is many thay might make a proper patch for bz2 ;)

Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

GSH

Right now, Pandemic considers BZ2 to be in a state of benign neglect-- they let Ken and I work on it from home, in our spare time. The odds of spending a dime on patch work is effectively zero. Heck, I'd be happy if the only thing they'd do is link to my 1.3 download page, but that'd probably too much to ask.

-- GSH

bigbadbogie

Benign neglect?

I spend about 6 hours a day modding it, you spent ages and ages creating the patches... it is probably about as neglected as Half Life 2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

so Pandemic at least know there is a slight modding/patching thing going on

not our fault. if the stupid marketing people had advertised it properly it probably would have been a much bigger hit

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Not just marketing, they cut off production a bit early (as GSH pointed out to me).

I am still wondering what the Spacial Displacement Tower was supposed to do.

Click on the image...

Dataanti

i think that it is very early to make a new patch already