• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZUniverse Instant Messaging

Started by CmptrWz, November 03, 2008, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CmptrWz

I have taken the XMPP (jabber) server I already run and added BZUniverse to it.

Your username is your forum username @bzuniverse.com. For those with invalid characters in their forum usernames please ask an administrator (OTHER THAN ME) to change your username for you. Your password is your forum password. (All attempts to change password via XMPP will fail.)

If someone else wants to pop in here and describe any of this in more detail, like how to use it, feel free.

Angstromicus

I keep getting an authorization error. I'm positive my new name should work, and I'm mostly positive the password is correct. I use Psi, is anybody else having trouble logging in?

CmptrWz

You changed your display name. Your USERNAME is the concern here.

Angstromicus

Ah, I see. Silly Red Devil  :lol:.

Edit: Login Successful :-D.

Nielk1

Well I'm in.

My client added TOO and VSMIT to my Buddy List. Will every user get added or will I have to seek them out?

Click on the image...

CmptrWz

Your client did didlysquat. They probably added you first, and the server told you about it.

If EVERYONE got added to EVERY list then I would be on everyone's list, as I was the first one to sign in.

Nielk1

Odd, my laptop is not adding them. I will add ppl I know to my list then.

Click on the image...

Sonic

Remember, it's their username, not their displayname you need to use. They also need to authorize you before they will show up.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Red Devil

What box???

Sonic

That's basically the 'chat room' where anyone can join. Otherwise, you are in a one to one chat with someone.

CmptrWz

conference.bzuniverse.com lets anyone create a room, but only certain people can make rooms (and their settings) stick around.

For note: Any attempt at getting a list of ALL users on the bzuniverse.com IM system will fail. It passes all auth onto the forum, so the IM server really does not know what users "exist" or not.

If that was not the case (individual signup type deal) then almost any attempt at getting the same list would fail. The server is set up so that even if that list is available only server admins could obtain it.

Dataanti

were would i go about finding this room ???

Nielk1

I think I can make rooms under it, or something. (I put conference.bzuniverse.com as the server but it ORDERED me to add a room name).

Click on the image...

Sonic

If you are using PSI, select the PSI Icon by your status, select Join Group chat and use the following information:
Host: conference.bzuniverse.com
Room: bzuniverse
Nickname: <your nick>
Password: <none>

Dataanti