• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZUniverse Instant Messaging

Started by CmptrWz, November 03, 2008, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

It is a pure XMPP IM client, does not support anything that the XMPP standard does not exactly state, and it tries to support the standards as accurately as possible:  http://psi-im.org/

EDIT:  If you use pidgin (as I do), then you goto Buddies->Join A Chat, and choose BZ2's XMPP connection (if you have multiple accounts in it as I do), and it will already have the server information filled out, so just choose a room name (or click Room List to get a list of current rooms), type your password, and join, it will then add the chat room as a new 'buddy'.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script that OvermindDL1 did manually since Greasemonkey does not work in Firefox 3.1 yet...

Angstromicus

I noticed a send file option. Does the bzuniverse jabber system support/allow file sending?

CmptrWz

Yes, it does. Thing is, it will use a direct connect between both parties. A NAT on either end may cause problems.

Angstromicus

Bummer, my connections couldn't pass a NAT check, period. I'm firewalled by my ISP.

Wraith

Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Sonic

The clients should be able to specify which port you need to use. PSI lets you specify both the port and external address to use. It even supports using DNS entries. Doesn't help you if your ISP is in control of the NAT though, unless you can put in a request for a port forwarding.

However, I think if you are transferring files with someone who does have a port open, you won't run into any problems...I think.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

Bort

Perdy kyul! These threads and posts are a little old. Is anyone still using it or did it die off?

Nielk1

I am. I am in it whenever I am at the PC and have my multi chat open.

Click on the image...

Sonic

Nielk1

I wasn't in the multi chat program today (rare). The BZU chat is really the only way I've talked to some people like CmptrWz and Sonic.

Click on the image...

Sonic

Yep, but the nice thing is because of it using XMPP, you can use your BZU chat to talk to gtalk users or anyone else using XMPP. :D

Red Devil

I finally got it working on my end using Pidgin.
What box???

Nielk1

Click on the image...

Spawn

That's interesting because my pidgin just decided to commit seppuku every time I connect to irc.
But if anyone wants to talk to me (yeah, I know) you can add my gtalk.  It's rock8shark (then) at gmail dot com, just not spelled out.

TheJamsh

Can i just make a point regarding this...

Having a chatroom built into BZUniverse would cause a few problems. Most points for discussion or brought up by newbie modders or players etc wouldnt have any record stuck on BZU. The amount of open topics would decrease pretty quickly...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.