• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZUniverse Instant Messaging

Started by CmptrWz, November 03, 2008, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nielk1

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 28, 2009, 05:24:21 AM
Can i just make a point regarding this...

Having a chatroom built into BZUniverse would cause a few problems. Most points for discussion or brought up by newbie modders or players etc wouldnt have any record stuck on BZU. The amount of open topics would decrease pretty quickly...

It's just another chat client J, its not like its in the webpage.

Click on the image...

OvermindDL1

And for all we know CmptrWz could be logging everything, it is *very* easy to do since it is his server. :P

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

Sonic

But why would Tom bother to post what we say for the public to see from the BZU chat? He's lazy and also don't want more negative attention towards him.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

CmptrWz

Wait, that COULD get me more "negative" attention, couldn't it?

* CmptrWz adds that to his "look into" list, just to spite those that wouldn't like it

Red Devil

What box???

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Red Devil

Just realized he reminds me of House.   :lol:
What box???

Feared_1

AHadley

Quote from: Red Devil on March 29, 2009, 04:08:59 PM
Just realized he reminds me of House.   :lol:

Me too, now I think about is...

Please don't tell me BBB is Chase. That would be annoying.

OvermindDL1

Heh.  I just setup an XMPP server at my work (only about a thousand employees total in the US that may end up using this, not many for even a low powered XMPP server), and for security reasons all chat has to be logged (which is one of two major reasons as to why they are looking to leave MSN Chat altogether, yes, they use MSN right now, yick...).  Logging everything out, based on filters and all is so remarkably easy to do.  The other issue my work is thinking of moving to XMPP is that there are a lot of people in a lot of groups that each individual person has to try to keep synced for all the contact lists, and a lot of old people that remain on the lists long after they have left, some of the people who have been there for years have lists over over 2000 people and they do not know who to remove and who to keep, as well as that as people get promoted they do not know so they do not know to move them from one group to another and so forth, where-as with an XMPP server the server can control all subscription information and keep everything perfectly in sync with everyone, and the plugin for ours does that, and again, it was remarkably easy to write.

Generated by OvermindDL1's Signature Auto-Add Script via GreaseMonkey

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on March 30, 2009, 12:16:39 AM
Please don't tell me BBB is Chase. That would be annoying.

And you are Thirteen.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Quote from: bigbadbogie on March 30, 2009, 02:59:49 PM
And you are Thirteen.

*glower* :lol:

It is a coincidence that I find the only Australian in House annoying, and that you happen to be Australian. I'm not making a joke of your nationality, don't worry.

No need to compare me to Thirteen  :roll:

VSMIT

Wait.  Chase is an Aussie?  I always thought he was British.

VSMIT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

Quote from: VSMIT on March 31, 2009, 01:01:15 AM
Wait.  Chase is an Aussie?  I always thought he was British.

VSMIT.

Some of you Americans really need to get out more, couldn't recognise a British accent if it punched you in the face...

Wait, did I say that out loud?

Yeah, Chase is Australian.

Nielk1

They do sound the same. I normaly make my determination by listening for "bloody hell", "kriky", or "mate".

Click on the image...