• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

BZUniverse Instant Messaging

Started by CmptrWz, November 03, 2008, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

The reason why I thought he was British is because I remember hearing it somewhere.  Not because of the accent.  I can tell the difference between a British and Australian accent.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

I seem to only have trouble over voip.

The distance of Australia makes the latency make them sound British.

I didn't care to pay attention to that in House, but the last few ppl I've talked to on Voip I was unsure.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Don't worry, VSMIT, I was joking.  :-P

bigbadbogie

I never thought he was Australian either - he sounded more British to me.

Hes probably spent a bit too long overseas.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Bort

Quote from: TheJamsh on March 28, 2009, 05:24:21 AM
Can i just make a point regarding this...

Having a chatroom built into BZUniverse would cause a few problems. Most points for discussion or brought up by newbie modders or players etc wouldnt have any record stuck on BZU. The amount of open topics would decrease pretty quickly...

It's not built in. You have to download a client that connects to it.

Sonic

I didn't know he was British till I was flipping through channels and he was on the Ellen show.
"Linux is user friendly...
...it's just very selective about who its friends are."

sabrebattletank

Speaking of bad accents...

I'll give Captain Jack Harkness some credit. It certainly sounds like he's spent some time on the good half of the pond, but would one of you Brits please tell him to stop saying all his "e's" long! When he says "eastrogen" (estrogen) and "peedophile" (pedophile) It makes me want to claw my ears out. If you're gonna do a bad American accent, I understand that, and that's acceptable. But Jack's is so good except for those little things. He's so near perfect. *fawns*

Speaking of which, I do like the instant messaging. Not sure what I personally would use it for though.