• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Did bz1 have something bz2 did not?

Started by cheesepuffly, November 25, 2008, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheesepuffly

See im one of those people that says a squeal is mostly better than the original (video games only), but i have been reading up on bz2 and bz1 (the wikis mostly) and i still i´m wondering what does bz1 have that bz2 did not?
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Dx on November 25, 2008, 02:04:48 PM
Better vehicle physics, Death Match and Strat, better internet gameplay and a real chat lobby. Better terrain graphics. Much more stable. 

Yes, Yes, Yes, No, BZ2 has that, No, No.

You forgot to mention Bz1 had a much better storyline and atmosphere.

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

BZ2s mods compensate for all its shortfalls.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

cheesepuffly

Ok that brings me to a few questions.

Not trying to start a flame war here.

Vehicle physics is the only thing i read about it being superior. (i never played it so i do not know) BZ2 HAS death match and strat, are you talking about quality? Well, patches have helped that internet gameplay thing. Bz2 does have a chat lobby. Terrain graphics, cannot say. And stable, its pb4a, thats kinda why.

And yes, the mods ROCK.
I liek chz

Chaka-Chaka-Pata-Pon!

bigbadbogie

The only thing that I wish bz2 had from bz1 is a working 'hunt' command.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

It has to check every single unit for the command though. Can only be done in c++ or python.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

I made a hunt DLL but it was very noisy. I passed goto and attack orders to the hunting units triggering some odd behavior and constant repeating of the unit VOs.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

You could put them on an allied team for a second and then back so that the VO doesn't play.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 25, 2008, 05:02:01 PM
You could put them on an allied team for a second and then back so that the VO doesn't play.

Or team 0.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

But then they will stop being attacked by the enemy.

My BZ2 mods:

Nielk1

C++. They wont even be on team 0 for a whole game step.

Click on the image...

Battlezone I had more 'atmosphere', which is funny when you consider the settings...   (stellar geek humor for sure)

I think the biggest difference in physics is best summed up by BZ1 being 'analog' and BZ2 being 'digital'.  When I shoved the stick over in BZ1 I felt like the ship was connected to it by a wire.  When I did that in BZ2 it felt like it was going 'step','step','step', or kicking over in increments.  Hard to explain how it felt any other way...

I think the fact that in the day we could do SO little in the lines of BZ1 missions, where now we can do virtually anything we want to with several Scriptors and the DLL source code, more than makes up for any physics issues BZ2 might still have.  This is because I'm biased towards SP, though, and I'm sure an MP player would disagree.

-Av-

Nielk1

? 1.3 BZ2 forces the player to play Strat correctly, so BZ2 does have Strat and it has always had DM, though a bit looser and less fun than that of BZ1.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

My BZ2 mods: